Losing/Maintaining weight on Aripiprazole

Options
Hi everyone,

I recently started Aripiprazole (today is day 3) and I'm very concerned about weight gain. I have used MFP to lose 40lbs in 2018 but after moving in with my partner in Jan 2019 I've slowly started to gain a lot of this back and I'm now concerned that I will gain even more on this medication.

I do plan to start calorie counting again but would like to know has anyone been successful in losing or even maintaining their weight whilst on this med?

I know that Quetiapine and Olanzapine are the worst culprits generally but there's a lot of conflicting information about which doesn't make the answer to my question any clearer!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Replies

• Treab123
    Treab123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Aripiprazole is the best for weight gain it doesnt increase appetite like the other 2 you mention.
  • Volatilepossum
    Volatilepossum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure about aripiprazole but I have been on quetiepine since January and by weighing logging everything I eat or drink on mfp and sticking to my calorie goal I have actually managed to lose 9lbs since starting it. It has caused me to have a major sweet tooth which I have never had before but so far I’m (mainly) managing to control it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!