Birthday week

Options
Needing lots of motivation this week. I'm turning 49 on Saturday and while I scheduled myself to run in a 4 miler Saturday morning, I'm expecting lots celebratory activities where my diet can easily be thrown off track. Need to find more activity versus culinary based celebrations. Reply with ideas or encouragement.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!πŸŽ‚
    My suggestion is, small tastes/ portions, log as best you can and enjoy. Even if you celebrate every day this week, you can manage reasonably well. Good luck with your race and get back on track next week.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    My suggestion is to make it a Birthday Day only. Seriously , no need to celebrate all week. Make it 1 day. Eat the slice of cake but don't expand beyond one day.

Also Happy Birthday!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: Β»
    My suggestion is to make it a Birthday Day only. Seriously , no need to celebrate all week. Make it 1 day. Eat the slice of cake but don't expand beyond one day.

Also Happy Birthday!!

This.

Try not to maximize the impact of eating a little extra food and minimize your ability to get right back at it the next day. The only thing that can throw your diet off track is quitting. So the answer is not to quit. If your birthday goes super badly and you eat everything in sight for 3 days then on the 4th day get up, try to learn what you might need to do differently next year, and get back to losing.

Happy 49th.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Personally, birthdays and Christmas Day are my "unlimited" days haha

It's strictly for the day so I don't break any good habits I've created so I make sure I enjoy it!

Happy 49th! Hope you enjoy it!
  • cherrylou123
    cherrylou123 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Eating a slice of okay or other foods that you like is fine just as long as it is not too muchπŸ˜‰
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

As said above, try to eat smaller portions of treats but also enjoy. It's just one day or week and you can get right back on target afterwards.

I don't know what your goal is, but if your losing weight you might consider eating at maintenance rather than a deficit for birthday activity days.