Pacer app net calorie burn ?

Options
Hello can anyone help me find out if pacer pedometer app shows net calories or gross calories burned. I like using the app and want to eat back calories burned but don’t want to go over my calories thinking its net calories. Thank you so much

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Your mfp adjustment from the pacer app is supposed to be eaten.

Everything is estimates, the biggest source of error probably coming from your food and drink logging as opposed to the exercise.

Assuming you have chosen a reasonable goal, you should aim to come close to it and then evaluate your weight trend versus your expected results after 4 to 6 weeks.

I note that there is a time of day component to the adjustments that you see. The adjustments are accurate at midnight so if you're inactive in the late evening hours the adjustment will slowly decrease
  • nasr25
    nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Should I allow negative calorie adjustment?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    They ensure that if you burn less in total than your mfp activity setting then your calories will decrease as opposed to increase.

They enhance accuracy but may be demoralizing when you see your adjustment first thing in the morning.

They are also (probably) un-necessary if you are setup as sedentary on mfp but always take more than 3500 to 5k steps during a day.

If, however, you're setup as very active but on occasion aren't (myself being an example of this) then negative adjustments will decrease your caloric allotment up to the MFP minimums on the days you're not active.
  • nasr25
    nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Ok I understand now that seems really helpful to me. Thank you for your time.