35/F, 100lbs to lose, 5'9" Looking for FEMALE buddies!

JenLosesIt
JenLosesIt Posts: 50 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am married with two teenage boys (18 & 15), I live in a small town in Nebraska and have gradually over the last ten years gained about 100 pounds. I really hate who I've become and know the change needs to happen! I've done MFP a couple times for short periods and always lost weight so I know it works. But having so much weight to lose always gets me in the end.

I'm looking for buddies that are going to be totally committed to doing this for awhile so I can keep my motivation and motivate others as well. Prefer people who are in similar situations to me...ya know middle aged, mothers that are fat. LOL

Replies

• I'm trying to lose 25-30 pounds (to start). I'm 5'11! We have different weight goals, but I'm happy to be a support buddy :)
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Welcome! I'd be happy to support you and you can do the same for me. I'm also 5'9" and had a total of about 90# to lose. The first 45 came off, but 14 snuck back on. I've banished 5 of those for good now and have the next 55# to go. We can do it :)

Please don't "hate who you've become" - I'm betting you're still the same wonderful person who happens to weigh more. Now it's time to take care of ourselves!
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Feel free to add me...I'm 36 with two boys (9 and 12) and working toward losing 50 pounds. I log everything, every day :-)
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Im willing to help I started out with 60-70 lbs to go and have about 20- 30 left willing to support you im just a bit taller.
  • I would like to be your support buddy xx: smile:
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Feel free to add me! I started out with about 150 to lose and have 90 left and am in this lifestyle now for the long haul!

:flowerforyou:
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Hi there! I am 5'7" - I started with 100 lbs to lose. Now I am down 37 and feeling fab! I have two little boys 7 & 4. I am totally commited to getting to my goal!

Add me if you would like!

Good luck!
  • tanyamorin92708
    tanyamorin92708 Posts: 5 Member
    I would love to have a support buddy - I am 5'4" with 55 lbs to loose. I have two boys one 3 1/2 and the other one will be 2 in a couple weeks. I could really use the motivation. How do we add people to our fitness pal...
  • JenLosesIt
    Wow such great and FAST feedback! I'll be sending you all a request! Thanks guys!!!!! Oh but here's the funny part I just remembered I'm 36 HAHAHA!!
  • I am willing to be your friend and help you ! I am 5'9" and need to loose 70lbs.
  • Feel free to add me. I am 44 and have teenagers also. I am 5'8" and have probably 50 pounds to lose now that I have gained back some of my weight.
  • trying2bfitinwi
    trying2bfitinwi Posts: 23 Member
    Please feel free to add me. I'm trying to get motivated again and have 60+ lbs to lose. I'm 5'4", 40 and single mom to a couple of teenagers! I'd love the support!
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm not in your age bracket but I am a mom to a very active 5 year old girl and I am in this for the long haul! Feel free to add! I try my damnedest (Southern thing, I guess!) to exercise every day and even if I don't eat well I still log it. I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs, give or take. More going for the look than the loss.
  • JenLosesIt
    Tanya,
    You can click on the persons name and click Add Friend! :wink:
  • LovelyLumos
    LovelyLumos Posts: 44 Member
    you can add me im 5'2 and have lost about 100 pounds!! i would love to help you!
  • slimmerang
    slimmerang Posts: 79 Member
    I would love to be a buddy and could use the support as well. I am (almost) 43 and have about 45 lbs to lose. I have two sons ages 5 and 3. I know its mostly my food but I would love some support to get me to come to MFP each day! Add me if you want a buddy!
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Feel free to add me! I am only 22 but I have an 18 month-old daughter & a 6 month-old son.
    I was bed rested for the last trimester of my pregnancy with my 6 month-old, & that helped me gain a LOT of weight :(
    Of course having 2 babies back-to-back didn't help!

After having my son my goal was to lose 100lbs. This goal was decided mid-March & I'm half way there. 50lbs lost & 50lbs to go!
    The day after having my son I was 225lbs, & over the following two months, 15lbs came off on their own.
    It was mid-May & I was sitting at 210lbs with no self-esteem.
    I joined mfp & now here in August I'm sitting at 174lbs trying to lose 50lbs more, which will put me back to what I was before both of my babies!

Chanel
  • AngelWolske
    AngelWolske Posts: 2 Member
    I would love to be a buddy as well! I have a 9 year old girl and 11 year old boy and have about 50 pounds to lose :)
  • ThickNTiredOfIt
    ThickNTiredOfIt Posts: 7 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm 38 years old, have two boys, 5'9" also. I've lost a total of 90 pounds & have 50 left to go :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    i love interacting on here. so get at me. i have 100 to lose and am very friendly. encouraging. and MOTIVATED>
This discussion has been closed.