Any advice on what to do now?

Options
I don't really know what to do now. I started MFP (around Feb 2013) at 135 lbs. 5ft 5 inch tall 45 year old female and wanted to get back to what was my normal weight of around 120 to fit into my old clothes (I have never dieted or did exercise before it took me around 5 years to put that 15 lbs. on) . I would exercise 2-3 times a week with 5lb dumbbells for arm and my own body weight for core and legs (no cardio). It didn't take long and I was very happy with the way my body was looking (better that when I was 20) (not to mention all my body aches and pains went away) and was into my old clothes. Being so happy and feel so great I kept going and dropped to 111 lbs.( I am not really concerned with the number on the scale) It was never my intention to lose this much weight It just kinda happen with health eating and exercise LOL, I felt GREAT. The end of May 2013 I guess I kinda panicked and just stopped exercising and went over on my calories. My problem is I really want to start exercising again because all the old body aches and pains are back and I think the muscle I had turned to flab but I still have a weight of 111. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Replies

• Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Pick up the weights again, add protein and a few hundred more calories to your meal plan and just start lifting! Go for walks or start the Couch to 5 K program (that's what I just did...I'm on week 4 now). At 5' 5", 111 pounds is a little on the low side, but it shouldn't take too long to get you back up to parr. You just have to buckle down and get those weights up! (try heavy lifting, or the 5 x 5 Stronglifts....that will help you regain that lost muscle tone!)
  • donnalee120
    donnalee120 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, not sure what the 5 x 5 Stronglift is but that why we have Google. LOL
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's all about maintenance now, but that doesn't mean you're done! It sucks that we can't get in great shape and then keep it without working out anymore :laugh:

New challenges now might be in order. Train to run a 5K or longer, bust some new lifting goals at the gym, compete in a triathalon whatever!

You're fit now. Have fun with it!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Thanks, not sure what the 5 x 5 Stronglift is but that why we have Google. LOL

Check out the group here before you Google:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

tameko has posted some amazing summaries and lists. I learned the hard way and found out about the group after I had downloaded Medhi's tome. There is only so much testosterone you can pack into a single .pdf, and he definitely reached the maximum. :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Everything people said. Exercise will keep your body happy (and you too). Make sure you eat the calories to maintain your weight. That's what MFP is really good for.
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    why not add some cardio? in a gym, the treadmill is challenging, (in a gym bring your headphones or it gets boring real fast). the elliptical is better for those with achy knees. or climb some hills or walk around your neighborhhod, or take the dog for a run, or ...... whatever u like. if its not fun, you wont keep at it!