Supplements or metabolic enhancers

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations on any of these ? Are they a good idea or just avoid them all together ? There seems to be such a variety of different ones.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I personally would avoid them. None have really been proven to work and they can be quite harmful to your body.

Eat well, eat enough, get protein and lift heavy weights.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations on any of these ? Are they a good idea or just avoid them all together ? There seems to be such a variety of different ones.

Exercise is a great metabolic enhancer!!
  • SouperDuck
    SouperDuck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The stuff that really works will get you suspended from major league baseball.... eventually... maybe...

the over the counter stuff is pretty useless.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Avoid them altogether.

If any of this stuff worked, do you think there would still be fat people? Do you think it would be kept a giant secret, and not reported on the national news?

Save your money.
  • caearly
    caearly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Advocare products for the last year and believe in the quality and effectiveness of the products. Of course, nothing will replace eating right and exercising but you also can't get all the nutrition you need from food alone. Advocare products are tested through a company known as Informed Choice so you know what's on the label is actually IN the bottle..can't speak to any other supplements out there.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Advocare products are tested through a company known as Informed Choice so you know what's on the label is actually IN the bottle

If the stuff in the bottle was actually useful, they'd really be on to something.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The only metabolic enhancer I know is adding muscle... caffeine is just a trick to increase your body temp.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a great metabolic enhancer!!

:drinker:
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Unless it's T3/Ephedrine/Clen/Dnp it won't be as good as you think it is but what I listed is banned stuff.

Green Tea will help boost your metabolism slightly, You will find most of these so called fat burners key ingredients are Green tea/Caffeine.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have tried MRI's NO2 product. Essentially, it's a time-release L Argamine type product. When you work out, your body creates Nitrous Oxide, it's a vascular dilator - it's what makes your muscles "pump up". As a guy, it has other fundamental uses too; but let's move on.

What I have noticed, is that when I exercise, my "pump" is not only more dramatic, but also happens much faster. This isn't so much an "energy" boost as a "stamina" boost. Your arteries and veins dialate; the NO2 essentially makes it easier for me to work out. I live next to the Rocky Mountains - I used to walk 0.67 miles down the hill; and had to stop and rest coming back up. With this product, I feel like I'm at sea level instead of at 4,200 ft above sea level. I can breathe easier, and instead of stopping when I'm too tired - I stop because of time limitations.

I leapt from a 1.5 mile walk that left me exhausted; to 5.39 miles (altitude gain/drop of 749 ft) at a 17-18 min/mile pace. At my age and weight (I am obese) that works out to 1,660 calores every night. No pulled muscles, not out of breathe, not exhausted when I get back - no leg cramps. I seriously cannot think of a positive aspect to lactic acid buildup.

My only advice is this "Do NOT start out with the recommended dosage!!". Take 1 pill, see how you body responds, maybe 1-3 pills is your comfort zone - the bottle suggests 6 pills (I think that is begging for serious problems). The great thing about L Argamine is that what you don't "burn", you will eliminate naturally.

Read up on Nitrous Oxide, do you own research. I did; and it's working wonderfully for me.