Count it ALL joy success stories(in the midst of trials, troubles and UGH)how are YOU winning today?

Options
2»

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi friend! After having a challenging winter I am emerging from my personal crisis and doing better (despite the global challenges we are facing now). Since the pandemic was announced my goal has been to do meditation everyday to help relieve anxiety and give me focus. It has helped so much and I've seen some other benefits too. I started running again a few months ago and after doing meditation regularly (which involves 10 minutes of sitting quietly and breathing deeply) my breathing on my runs has improved so much! It has been a very unexpected and happy surprise. Also- I've suddenly got my stress eating under control. I've struggled with overeating sugar for years and I'm currently having success with doing 10 days of no sugar followed by one "free day" where I still eat healthy food but add in treats! During the 10 days if my family eats some dessert I save myself a portion of it in the freezer for my free day. Also, when I have cravings I write them down in my journal next to a calendar of when my next free day. It has helped me feel like I'm not deprived and I'm still "listening" to that part of my brain that just wants to have fun. I've done sugar free for longer periods (months) and felt miserable emotionally, and I've attempted to have sugar everyday but just a little and stay in my calorie goal but I lose my self control and overeat at the end of the day. So I am celebrating finding a solution that has worked for me for the past 2 months without making me feel deprived and sad. I just hit a new low weight after not getting the scale to budge all winter. I accept my failings, have patience for my self and my struggles and I am celebrating my victories.

Wow...just absolutely WOW! You, my beloved sister are such a splendid example of YES! Your post exudes peace, joy and a super beautiful serenity that is just awesome to behold/read. I am so cheering you and your beloved family on.

I am THRILLED that your plan is working for you, I'm so celebrating with you. Girl...your post is just chocked full of power, inspiration, pleasantness and I'm so very GLAD you've posted and it makes me smile from ear to ear.

Ya know what else is thrilling? Your meditating, it sounds so wonderful, thank you so much for sharing all that you have here--I'm so very grateful for what you've shared and how your doing it. What is really excellent is to know/do that we can have sweets or whatever we want to eat or drink, whenever we want to--just not like we used to when we were obese/overweight and living out of control of ourselves. Just knowing that we are not alone and since multitudes of others have reached their goals without all the yuck of "dieting" just making small changes daily and BOOM...here comes self control and eating whatever we want to, whenever we want to, just MUCH SMALLER PORTIONS AND/OR LESS FREQUENTLY THRUOUT THE DAY. That's what worked/works for me and I'm so HAPPY living/eating/drinking/thinking this way. I just practiced daily (slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race) eating and/or drinking much smaller portions (tastes/nice sized bites) and/or less eating less frequently thru-out the day then I did when I was obese/overweight. I'll tell ya, it took me YEARS and YEARS to first know this, then believe/trust that it is not only possible to live and eat good, everyday, whatever we want AND whenever we want again, practice makes better (not shooting for perfection, but a bit better daily)...just by my eating MUCH smaller portions of WHATEVER I want/WHENEVER I want and less frequently thru out the day--I have permanently blasted to the place where the sun will NEVER shine,almost 100lbs (92lbs or so) by eating whatever I want to, whenever I want to--AGAIN just much smaller portions and/or less frequently thru-out the day. Such FREEDOM and JOY I have eating whatever I want to, whenever I want to, just smaller portions of whatever and/or less frequently thru-out the day. Example, yesterday I had some Baklava--that is a SUPER SWEET yummy dessert. Instead of eating the whole piece in one setting, I just had a couple of forks full and put the rest back for later. Unfortunately, one of my children ate the rest of it, but SO WHAT! I had some and it was good.

Everyone is different and what works for some may not work for others. I'm so happy your plan is working and again, I thank you ever so much for posting...you are a SWEETHEART and you ROCK, period.

Lastly...your pic is the PERFECT example of your post, lovely, peaceful and just splendid.

2qs07jd7p4fh.png
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thank you @NewLIFEstyle4ME !! It does feel amazing to learn to trust yourself, trust your process or trust you can keep striving towards finding a process. I'm grateful for your positivity and I'm happy for your inspirational success! <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thank you @NewLIFEstyle4ME !! It does feel amazing to learn to trust yourself, trust your process or trust you can keep striving towards finding a process. I'm grateful for your positivity and I'm happy for your inspirational success! <3

My honor and pleasure and THANK YOU too! <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I'm winning today by really thinking about "comfort zones" and stepping out of the ones that don't compromise my values, morals nor standards. Example: My personal style...when I was obese/overweight, I ALWAYS "felt" comfortable with long straight, rather boring hair/hairstyles. I'd always dreamed about getting a haircut and style, but was always "scared" to (not only because of my weight, but because long hair seemed to me to kinda hide me somehow AND I wrongly believed that with a super short hair-cut it would take a LOT of upkeep and maintenance--it's weird, but that's the way I felt). Once I got down to a nice size ( I think it was about a size 8-10 from 22w) I DID IT...kinda. I got it cut a lot, but nothing "out of my comfort zone" and I liked it. Still, I really wanted to get out of my comfort zone even more. I really FOR REAL stepped out of my comfort zone and got my hair cut super big time (I'm a size 4-6 now), a super short pixie (that my beloved husband cut for me recently) AND I SOOOOOO LOVE IT, it's nothing less than fabulous looking on me and makes me think about how utterly fearful I was to do it--this style is not only super mega CUTE, but super easier to maintain then I'd always believed. It's like 5 minutes or less and BOOM, done--wow--I REALLY love it so much.

My haircut now looks like a combo of these:

ops1qs0am1t5.png

ujebf4fo2hg6.png

llufjncm3c43.png

7jjr4rp3qap1.png

Comfort-zone are so pleasant, convenient and easy but for me, living/staying/strictly living within my comfort zones can hold me back from a lot of stuff, actually be a self-imposed trap, that stagnant me from expanding my horizons (so to speak). DARING to step outside my comfort zone could be and indeed is good for me. So, long story short, I'm winning by making it my business to really examine my comfort-zones and again, boldly stepping out of some and discovering I'M GLAD I DID!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!