Gained 12lbs at WDW

Options
Just got back from a 7 day vacation at Walt Disney world and gained 12lbs even though I was hitting 20,000 steps a day (averaged out at 10 miles) I didnt indulge as much as I could! I didnt eat 3 meals a day but i did have a treat every now and again how did i gain all this weight with walking every day for 10 miles!

Replies

• MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    That much walking also created a lot of water weight for me. Give it a few weeks and weigh again. I gained 7 after 5 days. Just get back on track and it’ll work itself out within a couple of weeks.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Yes, give it a week or two.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    It is mostly water weight. And in my experience, amusement park steps are related to basketball minutes—deceptive.

I may clock a lot of steps at a park, but they lack the intensity of my usual steps. Standing in line, walking slower due to crowds/kids, etc.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I recently took a trip to the south and was eating a lot of foods outside my usual (BBQ, po'boys, fried stuff) and walking a lot. When I weighed myself I had "gained" about 10 lbs. I just got back into my normal routines, drank a lot of water, and was back to my pre-trip weight within 5 days.

Salty foods, like most restaurant foods, will really make you seem like you gained weight. I once went cross-country skiing and then came home and ate all those calories back in the form of a chicken parm sandwich and house made potato chips. Next day I was up 8 lbs! But again, a few days of water and my usual diet and my weight was back to where it should be.

All this is exactly what happened to you. Get back to your routines, be extra diligent about drinking water, and within a few days you'll be back to where you expect to be.