Hi! My name is Olivia and it has been 48hrs since I drank soda!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm 29 years old and live in Northern California. I promised my dentist that I would never touch a can of soda ever again, so I am coming to you for support in these dark, trying times haha. I would like to eat healthier and get back into the shape I was in when I was younger.

Hopefully can make a few friends, and I'd love to have some pals that share daily step counts!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....I too live in California ... You are welcome to add me ....Wishing you the very best :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,711 Member
    Options
    I'm in Northern CA too, by Sacramento. Congratulations on quitting soda! I used to drink it every day but diet, I still get one on grocery shopping day as a reward for getting passed all the junk food. I guess it falls under junk food too but just getting one a week doesn't make me crave more like having it in the house. I just got in trouble from my dentist because I was drinking lemon water and going through a lemon a day, it's pretty acidic and hard on the teeth. My brother has a huge lemon tree so I've had a lot of lemon dishes lately. I switched to making ginger cinnamon tea and diluting it in water, it tastes amazing and 1/3 in my water bottle can be refilled a few times and the flavor stays. I drink a lot of iced and hot tea too. Crystal Light was good for transitioning and I don't drink it anymore now, trying to keep things more natural.

I've turned into a step queen as I'm only a few weeks into having one, just finished Leslie Sansone-type walking, I do 30 minutes when I wake up now then will work out later today. I aim for 15,000-20,000 steps a day.
  • ILoveSoda91
    ILoveSoda91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's where I am, Sacramento! I thought about transitioning with Crystal Light, but I know that even 0 cal sweeteners and things can damage the enamel on my teeth (what little I have left) so we're going the straight water and the occasional orange juice with breakfast route until I can practice welf control lol.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I quit coke cold turkey many years ago. Tried to switch to Diet Coke, but I didn’t like it, and I always knew I would eventually swap it for something else, so switched to unsweetened tea instead. Now I drink tea and water about half and half, with some decaf and juice thrown in.
    Good luck! I can tell you that in my case, it was definitely a very good thing, on so many levels. Many I never thought of.