Weightloss and Meditation

Supu20
Supu20 Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2020 in Success Stories
Has anyone found meditation as an important effective tool when used with diet and exercise? Any practical tips?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2020
    You are wanting to lose weight by doing meditation?
  • Supu20
    Supu20 Posts: 5 Member
    Wondering if has helped anyone in conjuction with diet and exercise.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I am not a meditator, but I can see how it can have value for weight loss if you find yourself to be a mindless or emotional eater. Being able to be more mindful about your eating can help a lot with weight loss, and meditation helps practice mindfulness.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    It's also of potential use if stress is a factor for a person: It can be a useful stress management technique, and potentially a replacement habit for stress eating.

(I don't mean to suggest that that's an easy swap, BTW . . . but it's usually easier to get rid of an undesired habit by replacing it with a new and better habit, rather than trying to "just stop" the undesired thing. Meditation is a thing some would find useful as a new and better habit vs. stress eating. It would still take effort to implement that habit, no question.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!