Samsung Health

Options
Hope someone can help. I connected my Samsung Health but MFP is not registering my steps/activity. What can I do to troubleshoot?

Replies

• ILoveSoda91
    ILoveSoda91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm having this same problem with Samsung Health and MFP :/
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mine does the same, every now and then. A work around for me is to check my activity feed on MapMyWalk and that seems to nudge it on to MFP.
  • CarolRo1
    CarolRo1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I havent got it working either. It looks like data goes from mfp to samsung health but not the other way around. For example I do see calories eaten in samsung health.

I found a thread online that suggested putting samsung health into developer mode - that didnt work for me.

I found an article here which suggested disconnecting then uninstalling and reinstalling mfp - that didnt work.

Have just installed and connected mapmywalk and connected it to both samsung health and mfp. Will check back after my next walk.
  • CarolRo1
    Options
    It looks like some activity is now being pulled in since I installed mapmywalk snd connected it as I see 36 under exercise in mfp and havent manually recorded anything.

If I open mapmywalk it does show a short walk I did earlier which its pulled from SH.

If I click on steps in mfp I get a server connection error at the moment but hopefully that's just temporary.
  • CarolRo1
    Options
    Second walk done for the day and the steps are showing up now in mfp on the homepage however they show as coming from mapmywalk rather than samsung health.

Would prefer not to have to have the third app but ar least it's working now.
  • mashulka2020
    mashulka2020 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've reached out to MFP and they suggested to do the following ...

o get started with the Samsung Health integration, first download and then launch the app from the Play Store. Once completed, go into MyFitnessPal and find Apps & Devices under the Menu Bar. Search for Samsung Health and then tap Connect. You should see a pop up for permissions regarding the Samsung Health integration. In order for it to work properly, turn the integration On and then allow the permissions. Please note you will need to scroll down on this pop up to see all of the permissions. Tap Done to finish the set up.

Next, return to the Menu Bar in MyFitnessPal and tap Steps>Samsung Health.

I completed the steps. Logged out of MFP, logged back in and all data was being pulled. All good now! Hope it works for you!
  • CarolRo1
    Options
    I think I missed the done step first time. Now when I click steps I dont get the server error and was able to change it from mapmywalk to samsung health.
    Thanks!
  • d8smt
    d8smt Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    There's a bug in connecting the Samsung health app to the MFP. It's been like this for a long while.
    BASICALLY: if the galaxy app registered you doing only steps and no other exercise, the app correctly transfers the calories into MFP.

HOWEVER: if the Samsung app registered you doing any other activity or exercise other than steps, the Samsung app correctly tracks this, and this data is correctly transferred to MFP. HOWEVER, when this happens, MFP for some reason automatically zeros any step data and associated calories that is correctly captured in the Samsung app. So the net is that MFP incorrectly tracks the step calories burnt and you need to defer to the Samsung app for the correct amount.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I recently switched my settings so that only my recorded workouts from Samsung health import to MFP and not the step count. I didn't think when I had my steps imported I was getting correct calories brought over and now I see why. I also find I sometimes have to open and refresh my samsung health app and then the MFP app to get my workouts brought over.
  • elallog
    elallog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello

Same problem here, even though data (food, exercise, etc) from MFP are successfully imported to Samsung Health, the exercises from Samsung Health (imported from my Galaxy Active Watch) cannot be imported to MFP.
    So, what I am doing now is manually adding exercises; however, the calories significantly differ.
    I have tried, developers' mode, uninstalling and reinstalling both apps and nothing has worked so far.
    Hope they fix it soon because it's really annoying!!
  • junebug_1977
    junebug_1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This drives me nuts. MFP reflected my steps from Samsung Health for the 5 days before yesterday, but all of a sudden yesterday it was no longer doing it. No changes to either my watch or the app on my phone. Everything seems to be connected ok. It's done this before and I have no idea. Very annoying.....
  • JanetLT75
    JanetLT75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was the Same today. I had to disconnect samsung health from mfp, log out, uninstall and log in and connect samsung health again. It took 3 times doing this for it to sync my steps again. Hope that helps
  • JanetLT75
    Options
    Today every time I log in, its adding my run this morning again to my diary, has added it 3 times? Really confused now! Anyone having this issue?
  • JanetLT75
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I got a third party app health sync, it syncs samsung data to googlefit, including exercise - it's not perfect but much better now. It's just out a little, but it's enough I can live with it!
  • patriotdavid
    patriotdavid Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    JanetLT75 wrote: »
    Today every time I log in, its adding my run this morning again to my diary, has added it 3 times? Really confused now! Anyone having this issue?

Yep, I've had this same problem before. I thought it was an issue with my phone but now since i've read this thread it appears its some kind of bug. Now, my step count and caloires burned from my steps are calculated but once i do a workout on my samsung watch it automatically transfers over from Samsung health to MFP but the calories burned from my walks are 0.

Previously, i had it set up so that i would MANUALLY input my workouts into MFP from Samsung Healthy which seemed to work as my calories burned from my steps wouldn't remain. But its such a pain to do it manually...
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    Options
    I am back to using my Polar HR strap for my exercises because I have determined that the calories burned formula that Samsung is using is just the formula and not based on my actual HR data. Which is completely ridiculous, but here I am. I have a Samsung Galaxy Active 2. Love the watch itself and all other functionality except for this HR thing. Anywho, I would like to see if I can get my steps to track on here. I guess I will try logging out and back in and trying to reconnect to Samsung Health. Wish me luck!
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    Options
    It worked! Fingers crossed it keeps my steps.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I believe Samsung Health updated recently. I had to reconnect the two apps. FyI
  • dldesmet
    dldesmet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I see I'm not the only one frustrated over the fact that Samsung Health won't synch with MyFitnessPal. It makes me feel like all those steps are going to waste and the only thing that counts is excessive exercise. Come on MFP and Samsung Health... figure it out and make all of us happy.