13»

Replies

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    What a fun thread.....I'll be happy to try!😉
    Hello

Do you think the line dancing and waltz they forced us to do in school should still be mandatory today? Is it for the greater good that kids learn how to not only shake a tail feather but also court a partner on the dance floor? Or should we stop embarrassing them and do away with it?

This made me laugh and cringe because while I was dancing since 4 years old in classes at a dance academy and on stage... I SO didn't want to do "those" dances with boys in grade school myself out of embarrassment!🙈😣

However, I also think of how amazing dancing is for coordination and overall health and today kids need more of exercise and less of online time (we all do actually said the girl on her fav. Social media site🙄)

Perhaps not stop dancing but maybe bring it up to today's standards ....have updated fun dances taught to music that kids enjoy. There doesn't have be a one dance serves all kids.....start it young enough and kids will feel used to it....as they get older and more confident then maybe incorporate coupled dancing like salsa, waltz or the tango!😉⚘..ole!

Whatever it is should be geared to teach confidence and respect as well as keep those bodies moving and healthy....so not stop it .....just restructure it would be my opinion!

Hugs and thanks again for helping keep our minds occupied on more pleasant things with this fun thread!🤗😉🤘💃🕺⚘
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Reply in here and I'll ask you a question that is hopefully deep and thought-provoking

*I'm so bored and haven't had any human interaction in 2 days

Hi, Paris...

I like how you tailored q's to the person's moniker or something they said in the thread. In addition they were very thought provoking q's. If you don't mind entertaining a q, are you a writer IRL? Or, a mental health pro, since your ability to listen & engage is top notch?

Good thread, btw... keep it going. We all need a bit of respite & fun.
  • kdking09
    kdking09 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What’s up?
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Reply in here and I'll ask you a question that is hopefully deep and thought-provoking

*I'm so bored and haven't had any human interaction in 2 days

Hi, Paris...

I like how you tailored q's to the person's moniker or something they said in the thread. In addition they were very thought provoking q's. If you don't mind entertaining a q, are you a writer IRL? Or, a mental health pro, since your ability to listen & engage is top notch?

Good thread, btw... keep it going. We all need a bit of respite & fun.
    No, I'm actually a mental health patient :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the kind words

• that_night_in_paris
    Options
    kdking09 wrote: »
    What’s up?
    Hello and good evening

Do you control your destiny?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    okay im ready. but please, something simple yet intriguing. and classy its gotta be classy. thank you.
  • that_night_in_paris
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    okay im ready. but please, something simple yet intriguing. and classy its gotta be classy. thank you.
    Hello. Let me see what I can whip up

How do you think people should live their lives? (you have authoritarian rule here)
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I too am bored
    Hello

If you woke up one morning and your cat suddenly started talking and it said "I don't like you. I've never liked you" and then it went back to not speaking again, would you relinquish ownership of said cat?

Well, first I have to disclose that I suspect that my cat is actually an alien doing a really bad impersonation of a cat. So if this happened I would have to wonder if he is conducting some kind of psychological experiment.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Hello. Let me see what I can whip up

How do you think people should live their lives? (you have authoritarian rule here)

well ideally, if im an authoritarian, then they should live their lives grovelling at my feet and crying for my favor; praying at night that i don't have the soldiers set fire to their homes again, re-enact prima nocta, or exile them across the great bleak desert on horseback with no clothing or water.

but if its just about, like i gotta decide the actual best way to live, then i'd say people should forget the bad stuff more often and remember the good stuff and try to always remain an island unto themselves no matter which way the wind blows the seas.