5'9" with 65lbs to lose! Needs support!

Options
over_oxers
over_oxers Posts: 47 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I've been dieting since I was 11, and I've been overweight my entire life. At one point I got down to 180lb and I can't really tell you how other than I was exercising regularly. I have done Weight-watchers with limited success and I've done MFP before but wasn't really successful. I think that I get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I need to lose and instead of reaching out for support I give up. It's very hard to be so candid about something that is so difficult.

I'm not happy with the body I'm in. I don't like the way I look in the mirror, and instead of getting rid of the mirror I'd like to change what I see. I'm reaching out to find friends and find support when it gets hard and I don't want to do it anymore. I have a friend that I have started walking with three times a week and it's great to have a confidant that understands my struggles. It'd be great to have more friends so we can support each other though.

So I'm looking for inspiration that it can be done, and encouragement to keep me motivated along the way. Add me as a friend and we can encourage each other.

Replies

• QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am using a support group that is a weekly phone call for $10 a week. The new session starts next Tuesday and we need more people. Our group has dwindled since it began a few months ago. I think when you are overweight all your life, the struggle is harder and more support is necessary. Give it some thought. I am really hoping that we get enough people to continue because the group call each week really helps me get back on track.
    http://lifecoachgerri.com/events/coaching-with-gerri-sean-august-27th/
  • ericb760
    ericb760 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well, and according to the charts, I need to lose 65 lbs. also. For me that just seems unreachable, so I have modified my goal to lose 10 lbs. This way the goal is not only attainable but it is within eyesight. When I get there I'll simply reset my goals for another 10 lbs. This kind of goal setting has worked for me in different aspects of my life so I am confident that it will work here as well. Good luck to you, you have my support!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Exercise + Determination + MFP = success. I'm down 40 since mid June. You have to want it more then you want to eat garbage.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" as well, with about the dame about to lose. I log in every.single.day......add me if you'd like. I don;t sugar coat, and I do actually look at the diary before I comment LOL
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Everyone can use a little motivation now and then. I'm happy to give it. Feel free to add me. :)
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I understand how very easy to get overwhelmed when you have a lot to lose. I started my journey with over 100 lbs to lose, I am now over half way to my goal weight. I recommend you focus on taking it one day at a time, one pound at a time. Start now and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. You will struggle, you will "fall off the wagon", just keep going. And before you know it you will look back and say WHOA. Look what I've accomplished!!!

Sending a friend request :)
  • rachtxaggie
    Options
    You can do it! I am 5'8 and want to lose 97 lbs. I have gotten 24 lbs down and am continuing to strive on! We are here for you !
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    your goal is definately achievable. like when someone quitting smoking, cannot truely quit until they are 100% ready, same can be said with weight loss. you have to be fully in it, otherwise, youll give up 2 or 3 weeks down the road. this is why so many people start and quit, start and quit... they want the food more than they want the weight loss.

when you are truely ready, and "in it to win it" you will be 100% successful! i started and quit over 100 times over the last 10 years im sure... it was only this last september that i was FINALLY ready to put in 100% effort and rid my body of 100 pounds of fat!

you can do it, no question about it, but dont go in blind! have a plan, have a goal, have milestones... know what you want, and know what you have to do to get it. dont just do what everyone tells you to do, find your own success, read and research different weight loss methods, play with different work out routines, find what is going to work best for your lifestyle and your body!

stay motivated! i did this by looking at the success threads, DAILY! i started my day this way for months!!! learn to say no! some friends and family wont like the change you are making, i guess some may feel you are leaving them behind, i dont know... but learn to say "no!" i have this one friend who still, after 11 months, tries to lure me to my favorite mexican place 3 times a week! i constantly tell her, "no!" its fine to go periodically, but not 3 times a week!!!

and keep your eye on the long term goal! remember why your doing what your doing! sexy body, healthy life, longer life... setting a good example to your kids... whatever your reasons are, dont forget them!

good luck, you can definately do it!!!
This discussion has been closed.