Hip Dips

Options
Has anyone had any success with getting rid of them? I like going to the gym and also working out at home. Any suggestions would be well appreciated:)

Also feel free to add me :) Not the messaging type but I love commenting on statuses and having convos that way :)

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hip dips are largely genetic, and sometimes weight loss can minimize their appearance (it does for me) and you can build up areas with muscle (under the right conditions) but unfortunately you cannot change your bone structure.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What are hip dips? They sound cool.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options

They are!

I've got a set and like them because they're mine and that's the way I'm built.

PS - you can't get rid of them if you've got them. :grin:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

They are! I find them attractive. It's when the hip dips in forming a violin shape. Some women prefer a continuous curve from the hip to the waist.

See how the hip is more of a wavy curve here? That's a hip dip.
    original.jpg
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I’ve never been able to get rid of them no matter how thin. Fat loss helps me since it’s the only place I gain weight, but the fat is still always there in some capacity.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    There is no large muscle in the hip dip area to be built up through weightlifting.

Many celebrities with the no hip dip shape get it through plastic surgery, photoshop, or shape wear.
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This rly sucks. Maybe if I lose some weight around that area (muffin tops) it will be less noticeable. Lol
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Sigh... why are we still worried about hip dips. Just some random (perfectly normal) body part that women feel inadequate over.

I just prefer a traditional hour glass figure for my self. Not a violin body shape as some have called it. I even find it attractive on others. I dont care about being curvy and I dont feel inadequate. I love my body. However, I would love it more without hips dips and my dads nose 😋🤣
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Sigh... why are we still worried about hip dips. Just some random (perfectly normal) body part that women feel inadequate over.

I just prefer a traditional hour glass figure for my self. Not a violin body shape as some have called it. I even find it attractive on others. I dont care about being curvy and I dont feel inadequate. I love my body. However, I would love it more without hips dips and my dads nose 😋🤣

If you have that kind of muscle/hip bone structure, it's hard to change it. There is, however, a possibility that what you have is mostly fat. If your fat loss patterns support giving you that shape and you don't have that underlying structure, there is a small chance you may be able to get rid of it if you're not already thin. A good, but not perfect, way to gauge it is by looking at thin women in your family, preferably close family. It's not guaranteed, but if they have the shape you want there is a chance you might be able to get there with fat loss.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ah. I have them. Mine are not even the same on each side. They get smaller when I diet. I quite like them