Supplements

Options
Anyone using sun chlorella tables? Does it work for you or is it placebo?

Replies

• szmiggle
    szmiggle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cheers, much appreciated. Have you used chlorella yourself? I’ve been taking 12 tablets daily for almost 3 years
    , stopped for 2 weeks due to supply shortage. Noticed increased fatigue and not the best sleeping nights😔. Not sure if this was due to not taking the supplement or just a coincidence......? More intense training......?i don’t stress often so not sure. Looking for advise from a user 😂, it is quite expensive to buy🤔
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    szmiggle wrote: »
    Cheers, much appreciated. Have you used chlorella yourself? I’ve been taking 12 tablets daily for almost 3 years
    , stopped for 2 weeks due to supply shortage. Noticed increased fatigue and not the best sleeping nights😔. Not sure if this was due to not taking the supplement or just a coincidence......? More intense training......?i don’t stress often so not sure. Looking for advise from a user 😂, it is quite expensive to buy🤔

Is it safe to take 12 tablets a day, and does your doctor know you use it?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Not a user, but it's common for people taking supplements that they believe are beneficial to suffer adverse effects when they stop taking them.

In my case I take a single daily potassium pill for leg cramps. When I run out I start having cramps again in a few days. I have no idea if the pill actually works or if I'm psyching myself into having cramps because i want to believe the pill works.

Just food for thought. Nothing wrong with placebos if they work 😊
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options

You should get tested for b12 deficiencies. Also, are you vegan?
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D3 5000 IU helps to increase immunity to viruses. Probably should grab a bottle know store x7g4mbn0q7ps.jpg
  • szmiggle
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »

Is it safe to take 12 tablets a day, and does your doctor know you use it?

Yes, 14 tablets per day is max you can take
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You can get vitamin d free from sunlight 👍🏼
  • szmiggle
    Options
    Lol true 👍