Getting outside now that gym is closed

Options
Hi, hoping to get motivation from all to keep going even when gym is closed.. what apps are people using

Thanks

Yvonne

Replies

• weightlossmama295
    weightlossmama295 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went hiking today and yesterday. It's been amazing.
  • jstrick20
    jstrick20 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I received an email that Planet Fitness will be showcasing exercise routines via online and through their app.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Garmin/Strava to track my road cycling - bonus at the moment is the roads are noticably quieter.
  • fjkhan39
    fjkhan39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nike training and Run apps. I don't pay for Premium membership, but the free workouts are great.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you would like to run and never have before, try the c25k (couch to 5k) app.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    IMO, exercising outside is far superior to the gym in terms of enjoyment. It's mostly what I do anyway...I pretty much only use the gym for the weight room...and spin classes in winter, but it's been pretty nice here already for a month. I mostly walk, road cycle, mountain bike, and hike. I don't use any apps. I track my exercise with my Garmin Instinct.
  • swclifton
    swclifton Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness has videos on their app if you are a member of that gym that you can do with varying degrees of difficulty.
  • Merinov75
    Merinov75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone .. I hope wish all well threw this difficult times . As for me I worked out in the house . My Boston terrier was watching me the whole time lol
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    YouTube - popsugar, Leslie Sansone Walk at Home... I got some wooden rings for Christmas and am starting to do some (very, very) beginner calisthenics work on them. Running is my primary form of intentional exercise (started with C25K). Lately I have been doing years work - shoveling, raking, hauling gravel and rock...
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We can still go out in my state, just not congregate in groups of 10 or more, and keep social distance. Our son and I are taking sidewalk chalk and writing: Hang in there. by our local parks. It helps us get out of the house, and we just feel like we are doing a little to make things better.