Spring has Sprung? Gardening time

Options
TarynF226
TarynF226 Posts: 62 Member
It's past mid march already whose thinking on making a veggie garden this year and has started out their seedlings? What are you planting? Any tips or tricks you use regularly?
If you do container gardening what plants do you find work best? I think we could use a bit of greenery and something you can eat is a bonus. Tell me what's up.

I'm gonna try some containers of veggies this year from seed. Its completely random but I've got swiss chard and a few carrots planted so far. Oh and radish. Also going to try tomatoes and probably spinach in a while. I've have bad luck keeping seedlings alive but it's fun to plant them anyway. I have to hope my cats don't go digging in the pots and kill them all😅

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I still have snowbanks 👎
  • TarynF226
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I still have snowbanks 👎

It's still too cold here to plant outside. Lots of seeds take ages so I'm starting them inside and just sticking them by a window. (I actually repurposed some empty pop and juice bottles with the tops cut off. They look ridiculous.)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    TarynF226 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I still have snowbanks 👎

It's still too cold here to plant outside. Lots of seeds take ages so I'm starting them inside and just sticking them by a window. (I actually repurposed some empty pop and juice bottles with the tops cut off. They look ridiculous.)

I tried growing bonnet peppers indoors during the winter, they just grew little flowers but I guess lack of sunlight didn’t allow them to fully grow.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I’m so excited about this. A few years ago I had an amazing garden and grew so many things but it went to crap after I neglected it.

I plan on growing a lot of greens, tomatoes, corn, peppers, squash, melons, herbs, strawberries, beans, and I plan on planting several fruit trees. My soil wasn’t good before so my fruit trees have struggled but I amended the soil now so have higher hopes.

Please post pictures!
  • TarynF226
    Options
    Well an interesting morning at work. The guy who closed last night (convenience store one cashier) *kitten* up the door and security gate so I couldn't get the door open this morning. Had to call the manager who had to deal with head office and the alarm company. Long story short I got to go home for like half an hour and have a coffee before being called back.

Point of this being I checked out my seeds during my little break. I HAVE SPROUTS! Lol my swiss chard seeds sprouted which is cool. 99yk4gebg034.jpg

And these are my makeshift pots because I haven't fixed up proper ones yet.
    mhi6u9x4oah5.jpg

And this is what my front hall normally looks like so I'm hoping it's enough sun for veggies that require more than houseplants.
    wughldh0t0ie.jpg