London isolation squad! Don’t suffer alone!

Options
Don’t self isolate alone! Rephrase: don’t let me self isolate alone! Gym’s closed, work’s suspended, family’s at risk, and the exercise program I’ve been applying myself to is no longer an option. It’s time to get creative and it’s time to seek support.

I’m Bill, 31, South London. Been using MFP and powerlifting for 3-4 years. Having lost 60lbs, I set about gaining muscle, and with that came the inevitable fat gain that comes with eating enough to support heavy compounds. I’ve gained a couple of stone in the past year and now, since the gyms are closed and I don’t have a barbell, I’ll be looking to burn off all that excess fat.

The kettlebells are coming out and I’ll be working out inside. Skipping, swings, snatches and pull ups. I’m sure there are many of you struggling to get creative with your exercises given the novel circumstances, and there are probably just as many of you itching to give advice.

Post here if this applies to you! (And add me, too.)

Love,

Bill

Replies

• jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey Bill same boat as you I am losing (have lost 38lbs so far) by diet and lifting fairly heavy.

I used to lift heavy when younger with my brother-in-law who was a successful competitive body builder but when he passed (steroid but that's another story) I slacked off.

Back at it now just at the local YMCA and now everyy closed. I am lucky I guess in that we bought a Precor Elliptical machine a few years ago and I have a weight rack with dumbbells to 50lbs. and a weight bench in the house.
    I can get a decent workout but not like using the Smith machine and switching up with cable machines.

Hopefully we get past this virus crap soon. We are not on lock down yet but fear it is coming soon. All restaurants and bars are closed.

Please feel free to add me as I am gonna try and keep up with my workout at home!

Jim
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Twickenham here