Need MFP-ers looking to drop BodyFat%

Options
Benzo500
Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
I'm looking for more friends looking to drop their body fat percentage. I'm currently at about 21/22% according to the AccuMeasure Calipers and looking to get to 11/12% by Feb. Anyhow, just looking for more MFP-ers who share a similar goal/focus and perhaps we can help each other out.

Shoot over that friend request!

Replies

• james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Actually that is my only goal right now i am currently at 18% BF and looking to make it to 12% as my ultimate goal.
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Actually that is my only goal right now i am currently at 18% BF and looking to make it to 12% as my ultimate goal.

Nice bro... you look like you're getting there!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Wow I feel like a slacker, I am at about 26.5%, aiming for 22%. Lifting heavier now and cardio too. Good luck boys!
  • avdcruz
    avdcruz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in on this one. I'm at 21 trying to get to 15-18....
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm not as concerned with the number on the scale as body fat....working on lifting heavier and gaining strength. Feel free to add me:)
  • james6998
    Options
    BAH, just found out that in order to have well defined abs you need to have a bf% of 7-8% male 11-12% female. Not to mention i found a website that actually shows how long it will take to achieve.

The Formula
    ( Current Body Fat % – 7(12 for Females ) /(Amount of Body Fat Lost Per Week ) = Weeks it will take to get 6 pack abs
    Let’s quickly run through the formula by using a male who has a 18% body fat.
    Current Body Fat % = 18
    Amount of Body Fat Lost Per Week = 0.6 (like I said, a good average is 0.5 to 0.7 so let’s take it in the middle )
    So this guy’s formula will be:
    ( 18 – 7 ) / 0.6 = Weeks it will take him to get 6 pack abs
    11/0.6 = 18.3 Weeks
    So he should, IF he is on a good diet and workout program and is 100% committed to it have 6 pack abs in just 18 Weeks!
    source= http://www.sixpackfactory.com/how-long-will-it-take-to-get-6-pack-abs-formula-inside/
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm around 20 %, depends on the device. I'm trying to get to 15 %. Feel free to add me!
  • KathleenMurry
    Options
    BAH, just found out that in order to have well defined abs you need to have a bf% of 7-8% male 11-12% female. Not to mention i found a website that actually shows how long it will take to achieve.

The Formula
    ( Current Body Fat % – 7(12 for Females ) /(Amount of Body Fat Lost Per Week ) = Weeks it will take to get 6 pack abs
    Current Body Fat % = 18
    Amount of Body Fat Lost Per Week = 0.6 (like I said, a good average is 0.5 to 0.7 so let’s take it in the middle )
    11/0.6 = 18.3 Weeks
    So he should, IF he is on a good diet and workout program and is 100% committed to it have 6 pack abs in just 18 Weeks!
    source= http://www.sixpackfactory.com/how-long-will-it-take-to-get-6-pack-abs-formula-inside/

False - I'm hovering around 20 %....go look at my pics. And since that pic was taken a week ago, my abs are even more defined!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I'm looking to lower mine - but I have a hard time telling what it is now. Depending on which of the six(!) means I've used over the past six months I'm somewhere between 8% and 24%!
  • james6998
    Options

The Formula
    Current Body Fat % = 18
    11/0.6 = 18.3 Weeks

False - I'm hovering around 20 %....go look at my pics. And since that pic was taken a week ago, my abs are even more defined!

A super ripped male body builder who is minimizing body fat percentage could have a percentage down as low as 3-4%, while a super ripped female body builder who is minimizing body fat percentage would only get as low as 8-9%. A male athlete could be in fantastic shape and have 10% body fat, while a women at comparable level of athleticism and appearance might be at 18-20% body fat. To take the comparison to the other end of the spectrum, an overweight male at 30% will look vastly different than an overweight woman at 30%. source=http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

Ok where you hiding that 20% i did look at your pics and you look around 12-15% at most. Very nice def.
    Did you use Calipers to find this number or just tape measure, just curious.
    And yes abs can be displayed at higher BF% if the person has more developed abs.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near your guys' league, but I'd like to cut my BF by about half... I have just started going to the gym and getting serious... I got a body composition done and just about peed. :sad: Not. Good. I have a new nutrition plan and workout designed to get results (so she tells me) Add me if you want. (please!)
  • KathleenMurry
    Options

The Formula
    Current Body Fat % = 18
    11/0.6 = 18.3 Weeks

A super ripped male body builder who is minimizing body fat percentage could have a percentage down as low as 3-4%, while a super ripped female body builder who is minimizing body fat percentage would only get as low as 8-9%. A male athlete could be in fantastic shape and have 10% body fat, while a women at comparable level of athleticism and appearance might be at 18-20% body fat. To take the comparison to the other end of the spectrum, an overweight male at 30% will look vastly different than an overweight woman at 30%. source=http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

Ok where you hiding that 20% i did look at your pics and you look around 12-15% at most. Very nice def.
    Did you use Calipers to find this number or just tape measure, just curious.
    And yes abs can be displayed at higher BF% if the person has more developed abs.

It's hiding in my booty! I've used a handheld device at the gym that says I'm 16% and my scale says I'm 24%. If I do the tape measurements, every website I look at tells me I'm 25%!!! I just assume I'm around 20 because it's in the middle and I've looked at a lot of pictures of women to figure it out.

I really have no idea what I'm at. All I know is that its going down....fast. I'm in beast mode ;)
  • james6998
    Options
    I'm no where near your guys' league, but I'd like to cut my BF by about half... I have just started going to the gym and getting serious... I got a body composition done and just about peed. :sad: Not. Good. I have a new nutrition plan and workout designed to get results (so she tells me) Add me if you want. (please!)
    No such thing as LEAGUE. We all have the same goal and thats all thats important so welcome to the club :heart:
  • james6998
    Options
    Count me in too. I'm looking to lower mine - but I have a hard time telling what it is now. Depending on which of the six(!) means I've used over the past six months I'm somewhere between 8% and 24%!

More the better someones going to make it hehe.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm around 20 %, depends on the device. I'm trying to get to 15 %. Feel free to add me!

^^^

You look great! I'm working hard for abs like that:)
  • heyyyyskinnygirl
    Options
    yes! i'm around 19% right now, don't want to become too ripped but my ideal is 16%. these last bits of fat are so hard to get rid of :(
  • beckywilliams1967
    beckywilliams1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm around 26% want to get to 20% so feel free to add me too!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm about 18%. Not sure how low I wanna go... but some abs would be nice. :wink:
  • sausalitomama
    sausalitomama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    add me! I'm at 22% last time I checked and my goal is to get down to 20%. would love to support one another!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Just about reached my weight loss goal trying to figure out how to start losing more bf. Any info/tips will be appreciated.

Thanks.