Macros

Options
Hey, I’m down 18lbs and now 125. 5’3 height but would like to cut now. I’m doing macros but now constipated despite so much water...maybe too much coffee but who is perfect. I’m plant based so it’s a struggle to get even close to 3nough protein but added a plant based shake and tofu...woukd these be causing hard, dry stools.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Are you getting enough fiber? Are you getting enough fat?

Have you reduced your food intake?
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Coffee would have the opposite effect on your body. It doesn't constipate you.
    Are you entirely plant based, as in vegan, or are you vegetarian? Just curious because if you ARE consuming dairy, that could be the issue. Or, like the poster above me stated, you could be lacking in fiber or fat.
    Sometimes our bodies just get thrown off for a bit, too. If it doesn't last more than a week or cause you pain or discomfort, I wouldn't worry. See a doctor if it continues, though.
  • KyaLeanGreen
    KyaLeanGreen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a natural diuretic, so it shouldn’t be the coffee. Maybe up your water intake or try to introduce probiotics in your daily routine. That has helped me a lot.
  • kylatoomer
    kylatoomer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Coffee can be constipating for some, or maybe it’s the soy creamer I use. I’m 90%plant based, I wear leather shoes etc so not vegan. I eat eggs too. No dairy. I’m eating 1300 cals and stuck at 126 pounds despite CrossFit style workouts 6 days a week. I am stil having incomplete bowel movements despite adding 3 tablespoons of flax to my vegan protein powder. I’m stuck with no more weight loss, I’m trying to get to 120, lean out more without bulking but also needing to poop!,, I do din dearly morning workouts I think maybe mess with my bathroom habits as weekends are better when I have more time.
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It could be your protein powder plugging you up...I ran out of my powder, tried new one and I have been having trouble with regularity since switching. And I usually always go once a day at around the same time.
    Its a plant based store brand powder that tastes god awful. Fresh Thyme plant based protein powder...I didn't have this problem with the Vega brand I used before.