Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for working moms who also are runners

Hello there,

I am a working mom, who is getting back into running. I work full time and drive a total of two hours a day from and to work. I have two kids ages 5 and 3 and I love running.

I used run cross country in high school and also track. Now I am getting back into running. I have completed two 5ks and two 10ks. Currently have two more 10ks lined up and one 15k before the year is over. I have already signed up for my first Half Marathon and my ultimate goal is to run a full Marathon.

I am looking to add some working mom and runners friends. For support, talk about training plans and how to fit them in with a busy schedule and exchanbe stories.

Thanks

Shirley

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm a fulltime working single mom of a 3 yearold and I run! I actually didn't start running until after my daughter was born. Since I am on my own, running seemed like the only way to add excercise back into my life since I can do it with my daughter in the jogger.

So far I have run 2 half marathons and I'm in training for 2 more this fall.

It is hard to balance work and being a good mom and running, but I do my best and get a little creative with my scheduling. My daughter and I travel for an hour + each way to our office building (there is a daycare in the building) via subway. But the building is only 5 miles from home, so a few days a week, weather permitting, I run home with my daughter in the jogger.

Anyway, I love running friends and especially running mom friends! II'll send you a friend request.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Right now I'm only running one day a week because I'm trying out Fitness Blender's 8 week program. I'm not a huge runner, never really was at all, but I've now done 3 5Ks and a 10K, and have another 5K coming up in a few weeks. I work outside the home, fulltime, and I have two daughters, ages 12 (starting 7th grade tomorrow!) and 4. Shooting you a friend request!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 287 Member
    Hi! I am a mom to a five year old, work full time, and I am working toward my bachelor's degree. I started running about three years ago. I have completed several 5K's, a 10K, and three half marathons. I have a half coming up in September and I will be running a leg for a marathon relay in October. Life is definitely busy, but running helps me keep a little of my sanity!
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi! :smile: So I'm a FT working single mom to 5 year old triplet boys and a 2 year old boy; my life is crazy nuts but running is my free therapy and sanity. Now that my triplets are in school, I'm looking at buying a dreadmill because I just can't see any other way to get my miles in :frown:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    I'm a fulltime working single mom of a 3 yearold and I run! I actually didn't start running until after my daughter was born. Since I am on my own, running seemed like the only way to add excercise back into my life since I can do it with my daughter in the jogger.

So far I have run 2 half marathons and I'm in training for 2 more this fall.

It is hard to balance work and being a good mom and running, but I do my best and get a little creative with my scheduling. My daughter and I travel for an hour + each way to our office building (there is a daycare in the building) via subway. But the building is only 5 miles from home, so a few days a week, weather permitting, I run home with my daughter in the jogger.

Anyway, I love running friends and especially running mom friends! II'll send you a friend request.

Wow that is amazing that you are able to get running in, I guess when there is a will there is a way. Thanks for the request already accepted.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Right now I'm only running one day a week because I'm trying out Fitness Blender's 8 week program. I'm not a huge runner, never really was at all, but I've now done 3 5Ks and a 10K, and have another 5K coming up in a few weeks. I work outside the home, fulltime, and I have two daughters, ages 12 (starting 7th grade tomorrow!) and 4. Shooting you a friend request!

Thanks for the request already accepted, it is funny I read an article in the runners world magazine about what makes you a runner and the moment you put on those shoes and hit the road you are a runner it is not about time or how many marathons you have run. You are still a runner :)
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    I am a full time working mom of 2.. ages 6 and 2. I just finished a 20K this past weekend and have my second half (since having kids) in October.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Hi! :smile: So I'm a FT working single mom to 5 year old triplet boys and a 2 year old boy; my life is crazy nuts but running is my free therapy and sanity. Now that my triplets are in school, I'm looking at buying a dreadmill because I just can't see any other way to get my miles in :frown:

Wow, I should not complain about my schedule I could just imagine how busy your life must be with triplets and a 2 year old boy.
  • I never thought I was a "runner" however I learned really quickly that it's something that really helps calm the madness of life for me. I work full time, have 4 children, and 2 dogs. My kids are 18,10, and twins who are 7. My dogs are 5 and 10 months (what kind of lunatic with 4 kids and a dog gets a puppy for Christmas??-ME!) I actually run with my children sometimes. They all run cross country! For their age group it's 1.5 mile runs. We try to do 2 miles at a time. My 10 year old runs 5k's. She basically about to overtake my speed! I am capable of running short runs faster, but my ideal (enjoyable) run is 9.5 min miles for 4-6 miles. I started slow and low on miles, and just kept running. I have to be on the road for work by 6 a.m. so I am an evening runner. I squeeze it in during practices or sometimes I go out late evening when I've gotten everyone showered and ready for bed. I am very lucky my husband is supportive of me being active, that helps a ton!
  • Hello! :) I'm a FT working mom with two boys, age 6 & 7. I run 5 days a week. I've completed a few 5ks & 10ks and 5 half marathons. I'm currently training for 2 more. I'm an early morning runner and go around 5 am during the week and 6:30-7am ish on the weekends. Now that it's dark at 5am, I go to the gym unless I'm able to meet with one of my running buddies. Plus, early am runs interfere less with family time. My husband is also a great supporter of my running and fills in the gap when needed.
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Mom of 2 girls, 7 and 5. I've run a few 5k's and 3 10ks with another coming up in October. I'm actually home for the summer, going back to work in 2 weeks..... :sad:

Feel free to add me!