Your Home Fitness Routine?

fitnessguy266
fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
Hope all is well with everyone, and I hope the current changes in the world aren't too cumbersome to manage! As we adjust from the gym to home routine, was curious as to some of the programs you all have designed for yourselves, and do you feel it to be an effective routine. Here is a program I'm currently using, accomplished using a single barbell with weights, on the ground.

1. Front squats 5×6
2. Pushups - 175, sets of 25
3. Standing Overhead Press - 5×6
4. Bent Over Barbell Rows 5×6
5. Standing Calf Raises - 4×12

Anyone using a home gym?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    I’m still running my 5 day split.
    I treated the first week of my gym closing as a deload. I wrote out my programming based on what I can do at home. I have 10lbs & 20lbs weights and a physical threapy band.
    I’m doing higher reps since I was used to having a variety of dumbbells, bars, and cables.
    My split is:
    Shoulder/back
    biceps/tri
    2 legs days
    one upper body circuit day
    I either run 4.5 miles outside or walk that on leg my days. I’m averaging 14K steps a day.
    After a deload, my strength had decreased a bit, so I did feel like I got a good session after each day. I’m sure a few more weeks and I won’t feel like it’s as effective. But I feel better doing it vs just doing cardio til we return to normal.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Squat rack, bench and Olympic weight set.

Andy Baker / Jim Wendler influenced programming style, HLM and one lift per day mashup with a specific focus on increasing strength in one lift, currently deadlift...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    No home gym. I have some bands on order, should be delivered today. Been doing yoga in the meantime.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My routine hasn't really changed since I have a home gym... although instead of 4x per week I am lifting 3x per week. I am running Bret's Glute Lab intermediate program again with some changes to switch it up. Basically looks something like:

1. BB Hip thrust Pause 3x5 (5s)
    2. Seated DB OHP 3x12
    3. Zercher Squat 3x6
    4. DB Upright Row 3x10
    5. DB 45 degree Hyper 3x12
    6. Band Monster Walk 3x20
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited March 2020
    I've had to switch from my work gym to my home gym... So far week one is just about done and I'm probably more sore this week then I've been in previous weeks, although I'm usually pretty sore...

Mon- Legs (emphasis on hexbar deadlifts)
    Tue- Push (emphasis on flat barbell BP)
    Wed- Pull (emphasis on seated row wide grip)
    Thur- Legs (emphasis on barbell squat)
    Fri- Shoulder (emphasis over head press)

Emphasis usually means 4-6 rep range x 4 sets + warm up sets...
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2020
    Nothing really different per sae.

Weekly frequency is
    Squat ×3
    Bench ×5
    Deadlift ×2-3
    with one accessory lift.

I was suppose to compete in a couple days but since that is postponed, I just started a new strength block with a high intensity deload.

The only change is using bands on my deadlifts to increase the overload intensity seen here...

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Monday: legs/glutes
    Tuesday: pole/dance, so arms/back
    Wednesday: full body (lots of TRX pull-ups - the one leaning back on feet, not seated)
    Thursday: pole/dance, so arms/back
    Friday: legs/glutes
    Saturday: back flexibility training or a straight up, full on extreme lazy rest day.
    Sunday: flexibility training
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited March 2020
    Been doing this since the first of the year.

Monday - 1 Hour easy row (Concept2 Machine)
    Tuesday - 1 hour of sprints -- 5 minute warmup, sprint for 25 strokes, let HR settle back to 140, repeat for an hour. Also pushups and pressup day -- around 100 to 150 of each (sets of 20 for the pushups and 15 for the pressups). Use around a 35 lb dumbell for the pressups (single arm).
    Wed - 1 hour easy row.
    Thursday - Anaerobic Threshold day where I push the pace or do longer intervals. Pushups/pressups as well (over 100).
    Friday - easy one hour row
    Saturday - fun w/ family. Did a 5 mile bike ride this past week (while social distancing).
    Sunday - 90 minute row (cut down to 1:15 this past week as I did a 4 mile hike up near the mountains with family, again while social distancing).

Recovering from a bad back injury last year. I'm just getting used to the meters again on rowing but will soon implement more lifting. Thinking about a Landmine setup. My right knee sucks and I think that would be a way I could lift more safely. Also have a Plyo Box and heavy ropes I would like to integrate more. Been a bit hesitent to add back in the heavy KBs as last few times I tried, I aggravated the disc it took me one year to rehab.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I am bumping this.

I would love to see what everyone else is doing because I am just stuck!!! I can't buy powerblocks they are out of stock. @cupcakesandproteinshakes you must have bought the last pair LOL!

I am so spoiled to the gym and having access to everything the thought of having to come up with my own routine stresses me out.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,091 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am bumping this.

I would love to see what everyone else is doing because I am just stuck!!! I can't buy powerblocks they are out of stock. @cupcakesandproteinshakes you must have bought the last pair LOL!

I am so spoiled to the gym and having access to everything the thought of having to come up with my own routine stresses me out.
    Yer I was lucky.

Try the body weight programme ‘ you are your own gym’ I had started that and was finding it fun. You need no equipment at all for it.

• fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2020
    So.....knocked the pushups back to 150, it's complete hell on my front delts moving into shoulder press! Hey, we learn by doing right?😂
  • dbanks80
    Ok it took some motivation but I did it and had a big sweat!!

3 X 12 Single Leg Romanian DL
    3 X 12 Split Squats
    3 X 10 Calf Raises
    3X 12 Tricep Raises
    3 X 12 21 bicep curls (7 lower 7 upper 7 full)
  • IJP2019
    IJP2019 Posts: 34 Member
    2 sets of 4 of the thick resistance bands and a bar.
    Legs
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Split squats
    Jumping jacks x 60 - 80 per set....works my calves pretty good.

Chest
    Seated press with bar or without like dumbbells
    standing Incline press with or without bar
    Standing decline press with or without
    Fly one side at a time

Back
    Lat pulldown using the bar
    Rowing high or low depending how you anchor
    Reverse fly one side at a time
    Straight arm pulldown

Shoulders
    Lateral raises
    Facepulls
    Front raises

Arms
    Hammer curls
    Bar curls forward grip
    Bar curls reverse grip
    Tricep ext with bar forward and reverse grip
    Tricep puldown (like with rope)

I learned some of these from James Grange videos on youtube and others just figured them out on my own. When I started I didn’t think I would get much out of bands....but quickly found out I was wrong.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am bumping this.

Some of the handles now for resistance bands allow up to 3 bands to one handle. I don't like the bands with metal grommets, as I think they're dangerous as hell, but some of the new brands don't have metal and allow up to three bands that give you quite the workout.

Like these.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/lifeline-triple-grip-handles?campid=71700000060361511&adgroupid=58700005478353581&device=c&keyword=92700049974284822&Channel=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyPbzBRDsARIsAFh15JaZ4v_Nj4JIav26BHaz27Yss7fGgf-xkv-xBUJK2FsUt2kSoJAnsUAaAiWOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#repChildCatid=3188626
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    I have some dumbbells at home so MWF, I do weights with some bodyweight stuff. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays used to be my judo days, so now I just do indoor cycling. My friend got me started on the peloton app and I'm not sure I like it, so I might go back to zwift.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Decide if I want to trail ride or road ride

Get either bike out of the garage

Get on bike and ride

Rinse and repeat everyday

I've just been doing some basic bodyweight stuff and banded stuff for resistance training. My trainer is putting together some online plans to follow while they're shop is closed up.
  • dbanks80
    Did a 4.63 mile run. I feel so much better!