Need suggestions.

Options
Guys , i just lost 4kg thanks to keto diet i started 2 weeks ago but due to lockdown the provisions available are mostly carbs now, So should i leave keto and switch back to normal ( i am afraid i will gain weight) or should I try to get provisions which means i have to wake up at 6 and go out to look for chicken. Even butter is a scarcity now.

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    All diets (i.e. methods of eating) lead to weight loss if they result in an overall calorie deficit. Conversely, all diets lead to weight gain if they result in an overall calorie surplus. No particular method is eating is required for weight loss, though some may be better suited to a specific person's strengths, weaknesses, preferences, habits, etc.

So to your question, it doesn't matter as long as you maintain your calorie deficit.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    While jjpptt2 is correct, all true weight loss is about the calories. 4kg in 2 weeks is a big number. I can't help but think a good portion of that loss is actually water weight fluctuation and not fat loss.

4kg = 8.81849 pounds....or a deficit of 2,200 calories a day (over 14 days).

When going off low carb the water weight portion is going to come back.