Virtual Triathlon!

Options
moonangel12
moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
edited March 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I hope this is OK in the guidelines... had it all typed up and then wondered. I apologize if not. I receive no incentive from it, if that makes a difference, just thought it was a fun idea with so many unable to do life as usual.

My first ever Sprint Tri was scheduled for next month but has been postponed until October (same weekend as my favorite local race). I told my husband that I was going to try and do the bike/run legs of the race to at least say I did that... then this came through my email. Not a great source of info, but that’s where the link takes me.
https://endurancecui.active.com/new/events/68521353/select-race?rcid=1551ABC8-69E9-4181-BB03-6E74CA08B87B&mrrId=438f55eb-c9ae-442a-b7d9-470b1ac77d74
Copy and pasting the email text as well for more info. I am doing it for the “novelty” of it, to have a unique record of the mark on history that this pandemic will have.

Original E-mail:

REV3 QuaranTRI Virtual Triathlon

April 25 to May 2, 2020

Here is your chance to stay active when you can’t participate in an in-person race. This is equivalent to a sprint triathlon. You will have one week to complete the virtual triathlon. Registration will close on May 2nd. You can submit your results starting on April 25 until May 2nd.

Join the Facebook group and engage with your fellow competitors and submit your entries. This in unlike any other triathlon. Here are the 3 events:

Bike (indoors or outdoors on any course you want).
Run (indoors or outdoors on any course you want).
Athlete’s Choice (You can choose any activity you like but it should take you at least 5min give or take to complete.

When you register choose your race distance:

Sprint: 12 mile bike / 3.1 mile run
Olympic: 25 mile bike / 6.2 mile run
Half: 56 mile bike / 13.1 mile run
Kids 6-10: Bike 2.5 miles / Run .75 miles
Kids 11+: Bike 5 miles/ Run 1.5 miles

Awards don’t go to the fastest people in this triathlon. They go to the Facebook posts that receive the most LIKES. So put your creative thinking caps on, grab your family and compete together. After May 2nd, the 3 posts with the most likes will receive awards. You will be notified and the awards will be mailed to you.

Each registered participant will be mailed an event tshirt and medal. When you register, the address you put down is the address that the shirt and medal will be shipped. Have fun and thanks for participating.

We set up a special Facebook Group called @REV3VirtualTriathlon. If you aren't on Facebook, you can also submit your posts on Instagram @rev3tri and we will share on the FB Group.

If you have questions, feel free to to email us at info@rev3tri.com

We are working on an affordable shipping option to Canadian participants so stay tuned. For International participants, we cannot ship outside of North America however if you want to be involved, email us at info@rev3tri.com.