Triathlon swim leg alternatives?

Options
My first Sprint Tri scheduled for next month has been postponed until October (like many other things being cancelled/postponed), on the same weekend as my favorite local running event so likely going to have to skip the Tri. I am bummed to have been training for it and not be able to do it, but am proud of how far I have come! I did sign up for the Virtual Tri they offered, just for fun (I had already hoped to attempt the bike and run legs on my own just to do it). 12 mile bike, 5k run, and then a minimum of 5 minutes for another activity. Swimming is out. If the weather is decent, my husband said he would help coordinate things so I could kayak or SUP for part of it, might be able to do indoor rowing... but my youngest broke a piece off of my 1980’s vintage rower so not sure yet how useable it is... any other ideas? I am not at all creative. The only other things I could think of were jump rope or jumping jacks, but 5 minutes of either is already a decent workout - tacking them on with biking and running just doesn’t sound fun.

Replies