In my mid 30s and the lbs don't shed like they used to...

Ugh! I remember those days when I used to eat whatever and my abs, legs, and arms were well behaved and tight. Now that I am of a "certain age" as a woman, I have to fight to keep this weight from coming on (although that's the easy part). Yet, losing the weight is another story. I have had to realize (admit) that I now have someithing called "cellulite" that is trying to line my inner and out thighs!! Oh ewww! (nodding head in sadness). My cultural background is of Carribean descent so starchy foods (e.g. rice, potates) were a mainstay on my dinner plate. And the days of me sitting at the dinner table until "all my food was finished" has resulted in me feeling guilty for throwing any food away!!!!

Either way, since I do work out (but have been known to take sabbaticals every so often) I am back in action and even more determined to not just lose weight but to look and feel great. To make this a lifestyle change. I am talking about the ending results being a transformed mind about the way I eat, toned muscles and a nice overall figure to boot! I am no stranger to working hard (I have done P90x and Jillian Michaels workouts..all great!) However, its the LACK OF MOTIVATION THAT CREEPS IN!

I would love some friends with the gift of encouragement to help me along the way! I of course promise to reciprocate!
Please feel free to add me as a friend!!

Replies

• lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    You said what I have been thinking for awhile! Once we hit in our 30s things change with out bodies. I am still a work in progress and trying to figure out what is best for me in this stage of my life. When I was younger I could eat anything and just do cardio and be fine. Now I eat a well balanced diet but doing just cardio isn't working for me. So I have started to weight train.

Feel free to add me. I am always looking to add people to my network!
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Welcome! I'm almost in my mid-30s and have been fortunate to find that losing weight is no harder than it was when I was younger, as long as I keep my eating in check which for me is the hardest part. I attribute that to the fact that I started weight training in my late teens and have continued to do so off and on over the years...the added muscle mass definitely helps with fat loss. That said, I do notice the cellulite creep which is thankfully minimizing as the pounds drop.

Feel free to add me! I like encouraging and supporting people who reciprocate. :)
  • msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    I hit 37 next month and have excelled myself in gaining 12 months since Jan!!! Good luck xx