Hello! :)

Options
RockAndSausageRoll
RockAndSausageRoll Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2020 in Introduce Yourself
0u663jrkwas7.jpg

Hi,

I work as a teacher and I love my job! I'm currently working from home and feeling a little lost. This role has changed my life and I have thrown myself into it every single day.

That said, 3 years of working full-time alongside uni and 2 years of intense teacher training have taken their toll and allowed me to form unhealthy habits. My worst habits are snacking, eating on the go, drinking sugary pop / coffee and buying fast food to save time cooking in the evening.

Now that we're in isolation and I'm reaching the end of my teacher training, it's the perfect time to assess my lifestyle and to form some better habits as this isn't sustainable. I have a BMI of 40 and my fitness is nonexistent. I'm working from home so those old excuses don't cut it any longer. When we do eventually go back, I need to have these new habits in place so I don't go back to my old ways.

I've had some success with this app before after losing a stone a few years ago but I'm ready to commit myself to a new routine. I'm aiming for a 80lb loss so I have a way to go.

I intend to log daily and I'm looking for people who can relate to any of the above. It would be great to have people to stay in touch with in here to share ideas, recipes, motivation and just to chat at the end of a hard day. I could really do with the support and it'd be nice to connect.

I've included a before pictures and I'm ready to get started on my after pictures!

Feel free to send a friend request or a message :smile:

duoi81j0b89a.jpg

Replies

• 2020Mally
    2020Mally Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
  • lukalulka
    lukalulka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, we have a similar weight loss goal. My goal is by end September I will go from 96 to 67. That is 1.1 kgs per week for the next 26 weeks or 29 kilos. I am walking 90 mins a day. Around 1300 calories.
  • mnong2
    mnong2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey friend! Building healthy habits is definitely key. I'm proud of you for acknowledging this and starting your fitness journey!
  • RockAndSausageRoll
    Options
    Hello! Apologies, I've been on here daily but I didn't realise that the community section doesn't send notifications for new posts. I'm learning πŸ˜‚

Luka, is that on foot or on a treadmill? That's a solid goal, I'm trying to increase my steps to 10,000 because I'm not even there yet.

Hi Mnong + Mally!

I'm 3lbs down since I posted this so hopefully something is going well πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
  • Jamisonannew
    Jamisonannew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher struggling at home as well! It is crazy what a difference I feel being home. I became very depressed at th beginning of working from home. I had previously lost 20 pounds of my 80 pound goal and quickly gained all but 2 pounds back. I'm feeling motivated and more like myself again and would love to connect and motivate each other! I'll send you a request!
  • RockAndSausageRoll
    Options
    It's a complete 180 turn, isn't it? We've gone from having no time / complete focus to all of the time with no real focus. That's so gutting but completely understandable. My weight soared during the first week and I'm down 5lbs now, still trying to fix that first week so I can make an actual difference.

I'd love to connect, I'll drop you a request :)