Attempt #2

Options
mab33
mab33 Posts: 242 Member
I used MFP with quite a bit of success last year, lost over 30 pounds in 9 months and finally was starting to feel good about myself again. And then I regained 20 of it in a week and a half, while still exercising and eating right. I felt deflated, but I kept trying. And then a month later another 20 packed right on top of it, and another few this spring. I gave up for awhile, still ate healthy food and walked daily, but didn't lose or gain any weight for months. And then I got pregnant. And lost the baby. Doctors ran all sorts of tests and all I know is my thyroid hormone levels jump around a lot and I have a MTHFR heterozygous gene mutation, but other than that I'm extremely healthy. I do still plan to see an endocrinologist, though.

Since I don't binge eat and I do walk a few miles every day, all I can think is it's the insane stress I'm under at work compounding my fat gaining problems. At any rate, I'm trying to get back on track, ready to start a family but not trusting that my body can handle it. I'm not opposed to working hard at it, I just have a problem with time. And my husband, he just doesn't seem to care about any of it, says he loves me no matter what and likes how soft I am. But I hate it.