Loss of appetite

Options
So when I diet there are these days sometimes weeks where I just lose my appetite. I am not sure what causes it. When I think about food there just no desire to eat. Now I don’t mean like I am full or anything I could be hungry but when I think about eating I just don’t want it like in a way it repulses me. I literally have to force myself because I go under calories by a lot. This isn’t some psychological issue I promise you. I love food and always love trying new things to make with the wife. Bow here is where this is a bad thing cause as of now it seems like I really good thing if you want to lose weight. Literally once this phase ends I’ll eat anything and everything on site. No joke I’ll eat a box of pizza like it was a bagel. Does anyone have this issue?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    This only happens to me if I have an intestinal bug. If it's only for a limited time like a day I wouldn't stress over it too much. Have some soup or something.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    This is not normal or typical. You should be concerned. I encourage you to talk to your doctor or counselor (if you have one) about this trend, to help prevent it from becoming a fullly developed eating disorder.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    are you low carb? if so this is normal for many the first while and it will pass. many people experience this in the beginning of ketosis as you become fat adapted.
  • ssee11
    ssee11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You’re describing a binge/restrict cycle. This is disordered eating. Please take care of yourself and seek help before it gets worse.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Binge and restrict is a loop you can be stuck in without the right treatment, how long has this been going on in your life?