Da Rulk Functional Training

Options
I signed up for the free trial on Centr, but I'm not all in because a breakfast that has 800 calories with 3 poached eggs and half a pound of oatmeal seems a bit much, though the recipe sounds good.

Has anyone tried any of Da Rulk's Raw Functional Training? I'm trying to calculate calorie burn and the workout builder on MFP doesn't have any of it. Neither does Google so far.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    There are many different exercises in the database.

If it's cardio, use the calisthenics one.

There is also a HIIT one...

Or you can enter your own new personal exercise.

As far as an 800 calorie breakfast, that doesn't sound out of line to me for someone who is doing daily exercise.

That's usually right where my breakfasts fall.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I ate what for me is a massive breakfast that came in at 600 calories. That was after the Da Rulk exercise and 45 minutes of 4.5mph walking.

The functional training is body weight movement exercises. Crawling forward/backward/sideways on hands and toes. Push ups in that crawl position. Something called a hostage which is a squat and then you basically drop it down and bounce back up. Today was a modified leap which is pretty much going from a squat up onto your toes and stretching. Squat to a standing twist (calls it a modified switch). Running in place. Something called a side gorilla that you are in a squat, turn your hips and side step.

I'm probably just going to call it circuit training general and call it a day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    An 800 calorie breakfast isn't that outrageous for an active man. I'm an active woman and I had almost 600 calories for my post-run breakfast today. I'm assuming you can set for your personal stats and weight loss goals? Some plans also have you front-loading calories earlier in the day depending on your workout schedule, so that could also be a factor.