Anyone starting the Couch to 5K

Options
I've done it before and I've loved it and I sign up for a 5K run it and then quit when I get busy etc. I am starting from scratch again and just completed Week 1, Day 1 this morning. I would love to find a group of people who are starting it right now so that we could encourage each other.

I will be running on the treadmill during the week and hoping to get to run outside on the weekends.

Replies

• roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I started it a few months ago and have been thinking about doing it for real! I signed up for a 5k in October, so I need to get busy!
  • missa482
    missa482 Posts: 34
    Options
    I started last week and will start week 2 tomorrow after work. I've signed for a 5k in October.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4, just finished Day 1 yesterday. I signed up for a 5K Color Run on September 28th, so I sure HOPE I can do it! my main goal is to complete it in less than an hour. My *stretch* goal with the C25K program is to complete it in less than 45 minutes. If I manage to reach my stretch goal, I'm giving myself a full-body massage. One must reward the diligence! :)
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I did wk1/day1 this past Sunday morning. I need to get better shoes, and soon, but I want to do this for real.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    This group is great!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

I especially like the daily check-in thread-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1073934-daily-check-in-thread

I finished Couch to 5k last month and am now working on 5 to 10k. Before April 19, 2013- I had never run at all. This morning, I ran 6 miles!

If I can do this, anyone can!
  • LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just restarted that this week too (third time lucky lol!)
    Have done week 1 day 2 this morning. Probably do most training on the treadmill, but once I do a proper 5k will need to get some training outside too :-)
    Will be great to have some support & encouragement to get through it this time, though I have to say, I actually enjoyed it this morning *gasp* and am looking forward to next one on Thursday. Never thought I would say that about exercise!

Good luck everyone :-D
    Xx
  • WillieJohn60
    Options
    I started couch to 5k last Thursday, managing 2 sessions of week 1 that week. I have done 2 sessions of week two this week so far and, with all my running being on treadmill to date, I am going for a jog outside tomorrow morning. I am going to look for a 5k run at the end of September as a milestone to aim for.
  • Wattyz
    Wattyz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did week two day one yesterday, love the app.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've just started week 2 and am loving it! :smile:
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This group is great!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

I especially like the daily check-in thread-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1073934-daily-check-in-thread

I finished Couch to 5k last month and am now working on 5 to 10k. Before April 19, 2013- I had never run at all. This morning, I ran 6 miles!

If I can do this, anyone can!

That group is awesome, come join us there. I'm on Wk6D3 today.
  • Jiggle_all_the_way
    Jiggle_all_the_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K program 2 years ago. Now I'm training for a half-marathon.

Right now, I'm coaching a friend through the C25K program and we're starting week 2 tomorrow.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Running W2D1 after work today :)
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    Im starting day 1 week 2 today.....I started last week and it was cool and nice when I did it last night it was hot and humid...i about died
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    Running W2D1 after work today :)

me too!!!
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    W1D1 was yesterday for me :)
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Zombies Run Version of the C25K... And I made it about halfway through the original C25K, but quit... The intervals are a bit different between the two, but with the same goal, running a 5k.. I just finished up Week 1 Day 2.
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start tomorrow. Been putting it off long enough.

I've just joined this site looking for some support from others starting out at the same time to keep me going :)
  • ikryaja88
    ikryaja88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried Couch to 5K, but I also liked RunDouble
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I tried Couch to 5K, but I also liked RunDouble

I used the RunDouble C25k app, love it!
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just finished W9D3 last week and "graduated" although I don't feel like a real runner yet.

I've got my first EVER 5k this Saturday morning. I'm excited and nervous and scared about that one.

I'm planning to keep going though, already looking for my next 5k in a month or two but I'm definitely not slowing down with running.

Feel free to friend request me if you want, I'm always looking for more C25K and running friends!