BCAA and Creatine User's Advice Please

Options
rassha01
rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
I have been taking BCAA and creatine powder for about a month since I train fasted in the morning. My question is, would it hurt anything to mix the two in water the night before? I always go on a little run before lifting and forget to mix them up and drink them, just wondering since it takes a bit for the BCAAs to dissolve, if it would decrease the effectiveness sitting in water for 8 hours. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    it's fine
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Creatine is best utilized by the body when mixed in a high glycemic liquid, like juice, or even a dextrose solution.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I don't take creatine but I take BCAAs since I lift fasted as well. I mix my BCAAs the night before and it's fine, I don't even need to shake it in the morning.

Maybe it depends on the brand though (I use Nutrabolic - Anabolic State)

Edit: what I meant was that mine dissolves instantly, sorry posting from phone :flowerforyou:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Creatine is best utilized by the body when mixed in a high glycemic liquid, like juice, or even a dextrose solution.

wrong
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Not sure at all where you got that from.
    The BCAA can sit, but creatine monohydrate is not stable in water. If you must you might try buffered creatine, but I don't know anything about how long it's stable in water and it is much more expensive than monohydrate. Is the powder BCAA and creatine mixed? If not then just dissolve the BCAA and add the creatine in the morning. If so then check the type of creatine.
    Also if you are not using a shaker cup I would recommend it. I find creatine much easier to dissolve with one.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! They are seperate and the creatine definately dissolves easier than the BCAAs, which can take 15 minutes or more to dissolve enough to make it drinkable. I will give mixing the BCAAs at night and the creatine in the morning a shot.