Late night snackers

Katie_Y89
Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
Where you guys at???
Can't be alone on this lol!!
Big time night owl and always hungry at night
Tips and tricks to kick the cravings please and thank you!

Replies

• m5552018 wrote: »
    I am this way to 😰. I usually end up binging if I find myself hungry in the evening. I make sure to have smaller meals in the day that don’t leave me hungry and some snacks (like oatmeal for lunch and carrots or veggies as snack). That way I leave myself a large dinner so I feel satisfied in the evening. If I don’t do that then I sabotage it all with feeling hungry... or wanting to snack. I also make my husband hide his snacks so I don’t see them lol!

This strategy of eating light during the day and eating a big dinner works for me as well. I tend to sleep better at night on a full stomach.
  • Sipping on piping hot tea instead of snacking past my calorie limit seems to help me, too!
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    cnjg6677 wrote: »
    I save calories because I know I’m gonna give in lol

This!! But nothing else seems to work!! If it wasn’t for late night snacks goal weight would have been easy for me!!
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Watch the show "My 600lb life" that may do it for you. :D
  • Jonjon60
    Jonjon60 Posts: 17 Member
    Popcorn, nuts, crackers and cheese if it's a small amounts
  • Katie_Y89
    Watch the show "My 600lb life" that may do it for you. :D

I do!!
    Makes me hungry watching what they are eating 🤣🤣
  • fit_bailes
    fit_bailes Posts: 1 Member
    I’m a late night snacker! 😭😅 having Greek yogurt with strawberries and granola but I’d rather have a bag of chips 🤣
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited April 2020
    I make a warm or hot protein drink- plant protein and cocoa powder. Helps me a lot.If you are not into protein, maybe unsweetened cocoa, almond, coconut or cashew or whatever milk you like. The warm helps me feel full and happy
  • Katie_Y89
    fit_bailes wrote: »
    I’m a late night snacker! 😭😅 having Greek yogurt with strawberries and granola but I’d rather have a bag of chips 🤣

Had some tortilla chips and handful of goldfish crackers tonight!! The struggle is real lol!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2020
    Me. I eat 90% of my calories late at night right before bed lol. Usually around 9pm-2am :D I don't have any tips to change it because it has worked for me to just eat more at night because thats when I am hungrier and prefer to eat. I've been doing it for years because I am just not satisfied without having a huge night snack.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Insave my calories for night. And during evening or nights , when mind is not busy or I am low on energy these cravings kick in. What I usually keep is some flavoured low fat Greek yogurt and try to divert my mind bynfrinking water or reading to conversing with someone or just taking deep breath .

At times I give up and I keep some low calories dark chocolate high in coca.

It's a mind game but a tough one. Stay Strong 💪
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Last night was the first time in a while I was able to stave off cravings! The solution? Exaushting day, upping cals by 100, lots of water and potty breaks.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    I always save calories for a before bed snack. Otherwise I'm up in the middle of the night and getting into the peanut butter :|
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Bets late night snack is something a little higher in fat (at least for me). Big fan of unsweetened greek yogurt.
  • Katie_Y89
    I always save calories for a before bed snack. Otherwise I'm up in the middle of the night and getting into the peanut butter :|

Peanut butter is a huge weakness at night...with crackers....