F-Factor Diet anyone following?

Options
I've been following the F-Factor diet since December and wondered if there are any other followers on MFP who are interested in starting a discussion / support group. Lots of other great resources for the program on F Factor website and FaceBook group but since I do track on MFP instead of using the FFactor app, wanted to reach out in my time of quarantine to see if there are any other like minded F Factorites out here. Stay well.

Replies

• ja7sklaver
    ja7sklaver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over 2 years later, I am just starting to follow F-Factor diet and use MFP. Wondering if you are still following and if there is support on this site?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Just another FAD diet. Here's the catch with any diet plan.........if you CANNOT continue to eat this way the REST OF YOUR LIFE, then it's not a diet you should bother with.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,883 Member
    Options
    In the world of tricksy named diets, this is one of the least worse ones, IMO.

I'd strongly recommend phasing in increased fiber, rather than doing a sudden increase as the "jump start" phase of this may be for some people. (A sudden increase in fiber can result in digestive distress in any more multiple of several ways: Flatulence, constipation, diarrhea.) The fat intake recommended during the jumpstart may mitigate this risk somewhat, but individuals differ in their responses. (Be sure to hydrate adequately - not sure if the book advocates that.)

Phasing in increased fiber gradually has few down-sides, AFAIK. It's also IMO a better plan to get fiber from food sources rather than supplements.

Many (though perhaps not all) people will find whole foods - fiber-rich foods - to be more filling, thus a help to controlling calorie intake, it's really the calorie intake that is the key issue. For many people, maintaining a healthy weight long term - ideally forever - is the ultimate goal. If that's true for you, then finding a formula you can live with forever is crucial to success. If the F-Factor plan is that for you - not a struggle, stretch, sacrifice or anything similar - you'll do fine. If it's not a good fit, any calorie-appropriate happy eating pattern will work out.

Wishing you success, no matter what you choose!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Another "diet" being pushed in order to sell you products.

And anything saying "rev up your metabolism" or "defy the aging process" is questionable to say the least.