Understanding a diet

d_prados
d_prados Posts: 2 Member
Ok So I am just beginning my journey in this diet plan or meal plan. I need some assistance more or less information. As I continue to go down this rabbit whole I realize there is no actual plan or diet. its really all in your lifestyle then creating a plan and sticking to it?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    The best diet is create a calorie deficit. I've not changed what I eat at all. I just do my best to eat less, and try and get in some sort of exercise.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,719 Member
    Well, I would suggest starting by just logging your for a week or two without making any modifications. That way you can find out how much and what you are eating and how you can get down to your calorie goal. Smaller portions of your current foods, replacing calorie dense foods with lower calorie foods, etc.

When you're a bit further along, you can improve your macronutrients, etc.
    And/or start exercising (not strictly necessary to lose weight, but health is important too).

It can take some experimentation to find out what works for you (sticking to your calorie goal and feeling satiated) but the idea is to find a way you can eat for the rest of your life. When you arrive at your goal weight, you'll have solid habits and all you need to do then is adapt your calorie goal to maintenance instead of weight-loss.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,719 Member
    PS: as for creating a plan and then sticking with it... That's up to you. Some people manage better when they plan everything out. I never made a plan. I just adjusted my diet and lifestyle along the way.