damn now I need a lift...

Options
When I first started on mfp, over a year ago, I took photos of myself in a bikini, as my "starting" shots. They weren't pretty. Then my life went to pot, gave up with mfp / weight loss etc and let things go for a year, fast forward to a few months ago and I weigh in at 12stone, more than when I took those "starting" shots. So I've been doing pretty well at logging, and exercising, and seem to be losing, down to 11 stone 2 lbs right now, feel like my legs have definitely shrunk, so today I took some more pics in the same bikini. I wasn't expecting to see miracles, but I was sure something would be noticeable. But no, todays shots if anything show me to have a bigger gut (I thought it had shrunk!) and nothing else has changed. Feeling a little downhearted about it all right now. I was gonna post pics to prove I'm not crazy - or at least see if anyone else can spot a difference, but even looking trying to play "spot the difference" is making me sad :(

I know i'm going in the right direction but i just thought it felt more notceable than it clearly is right now. :grumble:

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My guess is you aren't eating enough. Your weight loss is a high amount of muscle loss (as opposed to fat loss).

Fix your calorie goal, fix your macros, find out your body fat %, take measurements. Check in every 2 weeks and use the numbers to judge your progress (as opposed to only your ever-critical eyes).
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Patience. Patience. Patience. The difference will be noticeable when it is. I am not going to give you dieting advise even though I have a degree in nutrition and can....but dont always believe what other people say about how much you are eating. When you get to the right level you will know.
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind too when you took these pictures.. had you just eaten?? Drank some water?..... dont be so hard on yourself.. you will FEEL the differences before you start seeing them... and as with everything else.. we are always our own harshest critics... hang in there dont give up.. keep pushing.... :)<3
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind too when you took these pictures.. had you just eaten?? Drank some water?..... dont be so hard on yourself.. you will FEEL the differences before you start seeing them... and as with everything else.. we are always our own harshest critics... hang in there dont give up.. keep pushing.... :)<3

This^^! We can definitely be our own worse critics! Heck, I lost 130 lbs and there are days that I am not confident or exactly happy with what I see in the mirror. Don't let negative thoughts get you down. Instead of staring at those pictures, letting them upset you, think about the positive; That you are taking steps to becoming a healthier person. You are working on becoming the best version of yourself!

You are doing an amazing job! Don't anyone(even yourself) take that from you! Just keep plugging away at it, and be patient!

You got this!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    eating 1300+ calories with exercise added on top so I don't think that's the problem, plus certain muscles are definitely more defined so I don't think I'm dropping muscle and keeping fat - least I hope not!. I do just feel very bleurgh right now as I have a cold, probably NOT the best time to have taken the pics! I do feel noticeably slimmer, which is why I was surprised when I didn't look it lol :laugh:

Just gonna keep plugging away I guess
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Patience. Patience. Patience. The difference will be noticeable when it is. I am not going to give you dieting advise even though I have a degree in nutrition and can....but dont always believe what other people say about how much you are eating. When you get to the right level you will know.

So much this ^^^ You'll get there.