This website is cool!

ednaratliff
ednaratliff Posts: 12
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Just joined jillian michaels program - 20 buckaroos a month and the website doesn't do half of what this does. Ugh! Anyway - started watching what I eat about 4 days ago and I'm amazed at how many calories I was eating. I'm trying to get my husband and family on board. Battled weight since I was about 14, but I put on alot of weight after my second child. Lost about 70 lbs of the baby weight and then just became complacent about it and stopped exercising and watching what I eat. I decided that I don't feel well and I want to be healthier and need to lose about 40 more pounds. I just need a little motivation to get started and keep going. I'm excited I found this website! Hang in there everyone. Dena

Replies

• Just joined jillian michaels program - 20 buckaroos a month and the website doesn't do half of what this does. Ugh! Anyway - started watching what I eat about 4 days ago and I'm amazed at how many calories I was eating. I'm trying to get my husband and family on board. Battled weight since I was about 14, but I put on alot of weight after my second child. Lost about 70 lbs of the baby weight and then just became complacent about it and stopped exercising and watching what I eat. I decided that I don't feel well and I want to be healthier and need to lose about 40 more pounds. I just need a little motivation to get started and keep going. I'm excited I found this website! Hang in there everyone. Dena
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Dena,

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I've been on the site for not quite a month & have learned so much. I think you'll enjoy it here. :smile:
  • mzaccardi
    mzaccardi Posts: 29 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! I've been on this site for about a month. Everyone is very nice and helpful. There is lots of information available and no question is too dumb! The post about the various stages of weight loss is extremely helpful. I lost 6 pounds in the first 7-10 days and then nothing until today, when I lost 2 lbs. I would have been very discouraged if not for that post.
  • I am still figuring out this website - didn't realize anyone even looked at my posts - Yes that is a huge indication of how computer illiterate I am. Love myself! Anyway - hope you are still hanging in there. Weighed today and only lost a 1/2 pound. But my clothes fit better and I feel really good. So I'm pretty stoked about that. If anything comes out of this, I just need to feel better and gain some energy and it is already working. So hopefully you don't get too discouraged if the scale isn't moving like mine. Hang in there. Dena
  • Hello - its been awhile since you answered my post and I've been a little slow answering. I don't have a lot of time to get on and chat plus I'm still learning how this site works. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to technology. But thanks for the welcome. How are you? Hope you are well. Still hanging in there. Just started eating healthy and exercising and I'm feeling really good and have lost a few pounds. This website keeps me focused and accountable. It's been a very useful tool for this veteran dieter. Cant say enough good things about it.

Dena
This discussion has been closed.