Struggling to stay motivated.

Options
I really struggle to get myself motivated to do home workouts. This corona virus is setting me back massively. I was starting to see progress but now this coronavirus has come along, I’m constantly eating bad foods and not working out. I’m still eating some good meals but definitely added some more bad meals in too. Hurry up and go away Coronavirus.

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Blaming something else is an excuse. I'm not trying to bring you down, but that is what I used to do all the time. Blame everything else but myself for my poor choices. Your focus should be on calorie control to keep in a deficit or just to maintain. Picking more nutritionally balanced foods is preferable but you don't need to deny other "bad foods", just make sure they fit into your daily calorie goal. The virus is unfortunately here for awhile, I'm afraid. Stay safe and keep your focus strong. PS...today, I didn't really feel like exercising, but I did it anyway. It may not have been my strongest routine, but I still did it. Tomorrow, I'll do better.
  • JoeyFitness1718
    JoeyFitness1718 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks man, I need to stop making excuses an just get it done but it’s so hard when the motivation isn’t there and then you fall into habits. Like they say though, if it was easy everyone would do it
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Thanks man, I need to stop making excuses an just get it done but it’s so hard when the motivation isn’t there and then you fall into habits. Like they say though, if it was easy everyone would do it

that's the attitude! Stay focused my friend!
  • LotusCass
    LotusCass Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I’m exactly the same. This is a bit of a pattern for me. I’ve yo-yoed for years. As soon as it becomes difficult for whatever reason I make excuses and stop tracking. This time round I’m going to work hard to make sure I don’t let this virus be an excuse. I’m going to use it as a chance to work on maintenance since I’m only 9 lbs off my goal ( though I did put on 2.5 lbs in the first couple of weeks so now 11lbs). I need to refocus. You can do this Joey!! Don’t let the virus be an excuse.