Staying consistent

Options
I STRUGGLE with consistency with eating right. I'll start eating better, then exercising although my body is a wreck (constant pain from bad joints) then my body will start hurting then I'll binge eat then back into vicious cycle.
My fiance eats like a 3rd grader (we both have 3rd graders and live together) and keeps *kitten* food around that I can't say no to when I'm hungry.
I need to do better about keeping healthier food/snacks around but then I'm often too busy to cook healthy meals. Her work schedule doesn't help either so I end up getting fast food a lot after sports practices for the kids.
I know i just need to be more disciplines which would require me to be more organized and plan out meals for the week.
Anyone else deal with this? How do you automate life to where you are less likely to slip up?

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    It gets easier with time and practice. Prepare what you can in advance even if it’s just some fresh veggie sticks in grab and go containers or some hard boiled eggs. If you have 30 minutes on Sunday to prepare some things that are healthy, weighed, and handy you’ll be more likely to eat them. When you are chopping the veggies make some extra and put in a bowl for a stir fry or a non lettuce style salad (Greek etc).

Another trick that helps me is a big cup of peppermint mint or another kind of herbal tea for times that I know I might be tempted. Sipping on that can help me get rid of the beginning of those fast food cravings until I can get home.

You’ve got this. 🙂
  • stiches987
    stiches987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ok... pick the calories per meal you eat... select 2 - 3 choices you like and vary between them for each meal. I do this for breakfast/lunch and dinner.. this way I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat ... ie.. oatmeal for breakfast 150 cal or one egg and toast l50 cal. I've been able to loose this way and then now that I'm at my goal I maintain this way. no stress, and you don't have to think about it.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    As above it gets easier but it's good to plan ahead we precooked some meals for when we dont have much time and weekly plan meals to stick to. I keep healthy snacks in the house too. Good luck