Go to low cal meal ideas and snacks?

Options
bickymc
bickymc Posts: 14 Member
Have you discovered a food/recipe/snack that has been a real game changer for satisfying the appetite and helping you stick to daily calorie intake?

Please share 😍

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,588 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is roasted butternut squash with Penzey's cinnamon blend or pumpkin spice seasoning with a half serving of Greek yogurt smeared on top. I also love popcorn, currently putting garlic powder and chipotle pepper on it each night.
  • bickymc
    bickymc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious, I will give it a go 😍
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    A nice thick slice of wholegrain bread with good quality cheese.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love a half-serving of oatmeal with cinnamon and something sweet (5 g of brown sugar, or 7 ml of maple syrup).

Also, 3 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt blended with 2 oz frozen fruit and a drop or two of honey or syrup.

2 tbsp of peanut butter is near 200 calories, but very satisfying to me (especially mixed in with maybe 10-12 g of oats to make a little crumbly delicious granola-bar-like snack).

I like a nice salad with low-cal dressing, you can throw a can of tuna in there to add some protein.

Also, if you’re not watching your sodium, pickles!!!

If you have 210 cals to spare, I love this chocolate-chip mug-cookie recipe (nothing like a warm sweet “baked” dessert): Melt 7 g of butter in a mug, add 6 g each of white and brown sugar, .25 tsp vanilla extract, tiny pinch of salt, half an egg yolk, and stir. Then mix in 17 g of flour and 10 g of chocolate chips. Microwave for 40 sec. Eat while warm!