Plateau...HELP!!

Options
2»

Replies

• zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My opinion is eat more :)

I am 5'7.5 and 180 pounds and am eating NET 1800 calories. SO on the days I run and do power90 I am actually eating 2100ish calories (more depending on how far I run)
    thank you. I will definitely eat MORE
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree with mlb; DO NOT weight yourself daily! You will go crazy. I know from experience. I plateaued for about 6 months hovering in the 180s. To break it, I actually upped my cardio, added strength AND upped my calories. I agree with paxbfl, eat your bmr every day. I was scared to up my cals too, but trust me it works. After the first few months, the weight doesn't come off as fast, but when you up your cals you give your body more fuel to burn even more cals. I have gone from netting under 1000 to 1550, and now to 1360 and that's because I decreased my workouts, and have still lost at a slow but steady rate. You have to try different methods and combinations to find what works for you, and you have to continually switch things up to keep your body guessing. Keep it up!
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A plateau is when your weight doesn't change for a minimum of 4 weeks so you are not on a plateau. You are experiencing normal weight fluctuations. Stay off the scale if it upsets you.
    Doesn't have to be four weeks. Especially when you normally lose weight consistently every week and now I'm not changing. the scale fluctuates but I'm no where near the goal of two pounds a week lost like before. I have been starving myself without even knowing it even before I started this journey I wasnt eating enough. I would binge then starve myself (without knowing).

I'm sure you know this, but just in case...You aren't always going to lose 2 lbs a week, especially the closer you get to your goal, it'll be harder and you'll have to change your goals from 2lbs a week to more like .5 lb or 1 lb a week.

I dropped a good amount of weight weekly and consistently, it has slowed down a bit and I am every bit okay with that, because it didn't get put on over night. These things will take time. It's not a race. Just takes time.
    yes I know! but I am no where near my goal. I'm only 8 pounds down. so my deficit can still be high. When i lose more weight I won't be able to have such a high deficit. :)
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5'4", somewhere around 190-195lbs I dont weigh anymore. I am losing inches so I don't care. I make sure to NET my BMR at least. And I take one rest day a week. You can add me if you like :)
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Let MFP set your intake, don't exercise at first, let your body lose weight first :) Stay strong! carry on! :)
  • jamgirl19777
    Options
    I weigh once a week and a tape measure is my friend, i get better results from that. i know this is T.M.I. but i go by how my undies fit too, i need new ones every fews months, i guess my point is hide the scale and become one with a tape mesaure but measure once per month dont obsess over it.. good luck xoxo
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    It looks like you've gotten a lot of solid and informative feedback already so I'm just going to say...good luck and stay strong! This is a journey that takes a while but YOU will do it! :flowerforyou:
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I workout seven days a week. I WILL NOT give up!

BTW, I would recommend at least one rest day a week. If you really want to work out that day, maybe do something easy like a walk. Your body needs rest days to repair damage and build muscle. Plus it's nice to have the break mentally - helps you stay on track over the long-term.
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options
    I weigh once a week and a tape measure is my friend, i get better results from that. i know this is T.M.I. but i go by how my undies fit too, i need new ones every fews months, i guess my point is hide the scale and become one with a tape mesaure but measure once per month dont obsess over it.. good luck xoxo
    Thank you. I will go back to weighing once a week :)
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options
    I workout seven days a week. I WILL NOT give up!

BTW, I would recommend at least one rest day a week. If you really want to work out that day, maybe do something easy like a walk. Your body needs rest days to repair damage and build muscle. Plus it's nice to have the break mentally - helps you stay on track over the long-term.
    great advice! thanks!
  • zandrathesweetheart
    Options
    It looks like you've gotten a lot of solid and informative feedback already so I'm just going to say...good luck and stay strong! This is a journey that takes a while but YOU will do it! :flowerforyou:
    yes great advice! thank you! I am staying strong. lost 11 pounds so far! :)