Les Mills?

Options
Anyone do these workouts? I've only tried a few...there's only so any free full workouts on YouTube. If you know where I can find more, please let me know! I've tried 2 body combat and they seem like good workouts.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I found the free at home workouts they are offering since gyms are closed due to covid-19.
  • bblz727
    bblz727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do these workouts. I have their annual membership. They currently have a 30 day trial period with a sign up. Here is the link if you’re interested. https://lmod.co/friendsandfamily
  • ecrispi
    ecrispi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do them every day with the on demand subscription. Highly recommend. They have all kinds of different types of programs for what you want, anywhere from 15-55 minutes to fit your schedule. Some use equipment some don’t. I absolutely love their Grit program. Also, I’m a pretty active person (I run and I do Taekwondo most days also), and Grit has done soooo much for my muscle definition and strength
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I’ve done les mills on demand and at the gym. Attack and combat are ok and step is passable but I prefer freestyle step. The online instructors are annoyingly perfect. I guess for a calorie burn they’re as good as any out there given we’re all stuck with what we can do at home.
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My gym has put these up for members while the gym is closed.
    I'm enjoying bodybalance and shbam. Got a bit enthusiatic with barre and hurt my back!
    Overall I think they're good workouts and feel like you are doing something. Also it's broken up into short sections so if you don't like one track those particular exercises are soon over. They have lots of enthusiasm too.
    Downsides are the camera angles jump about a bit when you are trying to follow amd there's not always options to make an exercise easier or harder.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I like the body combat so far, but would like to try step. I haven't found any yet. I don't usually like Barre...grit might be ok. What is attack?
    Options
    I like the body combat so far, but would like to try step. I haven't found any yet. I don't usually like Barre...grit might be ok. What is attack?

Attack is kinda like basic aerobics. It’s quite a good calorie burn. Grit made me weep. Burpees and all that high intensity stuff I’m far too lazy for that milarkey.
  • nwmm
    nwmm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love them!! CXworx and combat are some of classes that I usually do at the gym. Makes me feel right at home. I can do them with little to no extra equipment. They have me sweating and shaking like I'm used too. I signed up for the trial period but I will continue with it.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Is body pump cardio, or all lifting?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Body Pump is endurance lifting. Low weight/high reps. I used to love it. Do you have a barbell at home?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    No. I figured I'd just use dumbbells
    Options
    No. I figured I'd just use dumbbells

U do stronglifts right? I don’t think I would bother with pump if you are still lifting at home as well
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    No, I lifted in the weight room at work, which is closed. I've been trying to do some type of resistance/strength training at home with my dumbbells/body weight since then.
  • bllaura10
    bllaura10 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I’ve been wanting to do the les mills videos. My gym said they’re offering the free ones since they’re closed but all I can find are like 5-6 free ones on their site... can someone provide the link or explain how to access these?
    I did the 30 min HITT video it was ok. Some variety when working out from home is a nice option.
  • Sunami32
    Sunami32 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    LOVE Les Mills! I have the monthly subscription and it’s SO worth it given all the options they have. RPM and Body Pump are my go to but I do a little of everything. Try the 30 day free trial!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    They did put out some free at home videos(100 total) but they crash whenever I try to use them. I have better luck searching YouTube.
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I use the on Demand. They do have a few free ones that I have been using but I just subscribed today. They have a free 14 day trial and then $14 a month and you can cancel any time. It is cheaper per month if you want to subscribe for longer. So far I really like Body Pump (but I have a step and a barbell, but you can do it if you have a step and dumbbells) and Body Combat (its a kickboxing one). I am just getting back into running so this is perfect since I definitely can't run every day for long yet.
  • kwarner171
    kwarner171 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love Les Mills-especially since lockdown!!! I have two young kids and a very long job so a gym is too much of a luxury and I’m loving this atm
    Body pump is good if you have the equipment (takes a while to build up to it I find)
    Combat is great for starting out
    I used cx works to repair the core damage from the kids and it works wonders
    I have the kids doing the one for children (born to move) and have just start Attack (very good cardio) and Barre (bit like cx in a way but you can pretend you can dance-I can’t😉)
    Hugely recommend
    Good luck xxx
  • Alexziz
    Alexziz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’ve sampled it too since my gym offered a free trial to get started. I will keep up with it, I’m working from home and enjoying early morning work outs to try and set a routine and squeezing a bit exercise in feels really good. Love the music, love les mills. Body pump is my fave ❤️