Q

Options
sody78
sody78 Posts: 25 Member
I have used MFP intermittently in the past. I have taken the premium version as it offered plans. Is the target that is created have a deficit built in. I selected a protein plan. My daily steps are about 15.000 and I train with kettlebells most days. I have found my scale weight has incresased over the past 12 months. I want to drop about 1 stone. If I got my calorie target each day will that do it.
Do I log alcohol?? Thanks

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    I don't know about premium plans, but if you antered your desired weight loss rate into your MFP settings, then yes: your deficit is already included in your calorie goal.

And yes, of course you should log alcohol, it contains calories.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,950 Member
    Options
    Your target that is created has a deficit built in IF, and only IF, you have selected that you want to lose weight and the rate you want to lose weight at. I would suggest, strongly, that selecting 2lbs a week is not appropriate for everyone and it becomes less appropriate the less obese and more sedentary one is!

You should log everything and anything that has any calories (which in sufficient quantity is pretty much anything including so called zero calorie foods). That's assuming you actually are trying to accurately calculate your calories and not just keep a general loose tally.

You may want to use a weight trend application or web site to gauge your weight trend change over time so as to better make decisions as to whether you are gaining, maintaining, or losing and at what rate. Water weight variations and especially hormonal monthly variations should be considered before either celebrating or going in panic mode regarding weight changes over shorter time periods