I'm really struggling...does anyone want to be accountabilibuddies?

Since I've been quarantined (3 weeks) I've put on a lot of weight :( going out and about and keeping myself busy was one of the ways I cope with my binge eating/emotional eating and now I can't do that and am struggling bad. Can't believe how much weight I've let myself put on. Hoping there is someone on this app who would be accountability buddies with me and help keep each other motivated

Replies

• gibrielaa19
    gibrielaa19 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I will be your buddy! This is all new to me!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I just make a point to do a full workout first thing (usually 45 min to a little over an hour) then I sort of walk in place while I watch a show and fix my coffee. Then have a breakfast and take my dogs out on leash. I try to get them out on leash at least twice because it gives me an excuse to get outside and walk. I also try to get in another walk, either outside or on my treadmill. I know it sounds like a lot, but if I was going to work, is be walking around all day. Just try to get up and moving. Fight the urge to sit and snack.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I just make a point to do a full workout first thing (usually 45 min to a little over an hour) then I sort of walk in place while I watch a show and fix my coffee. Then have a breakfast and take my dogs out on leash. I try to get them out on leash at least twice because it gives me an excuse to get outside and walk. I also try to get in another walk, either outside or on my treadmill. I know it sounds like a lot, but if I was going to work, is be walking around all day. Just try to get up and moving. Fight the urge to sit and snack.

Unfortunately there's no way I could do any of that. I'm quarantined in a tiny place with a 4 year old who is constantly needing me and won't even let me take a 5 minute poop alone let alone a whole workout. and I live in a populated area so every time I go outside I end up being in contact with people no matter how far out of my way I go to avoid them so I haven't been able to go outside pretty much at all

Would your 4 year old be interested in doing a workout with you? My almost 2 year old loves to dance, so we do a dance party. She has a blast dancing, and it allows me the chance to get somewhat of a workout.
  • sdgbta
    sdgbta Posts: 11 Member
    I'm in the same boat. My motivation has deserted me and I haven't stuck with my plan at all.

Just wanted to sympathise! Being stuck inside can pose a lit of challenges.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member

Unfortunately there's no way I could do any of that. I'm quarantined in a tiny place with a 4 year old who is constantly needing me and won't even let me take a 5 minute poop alone let alone a whole workout. and I live in a populated area so every time I go outside I end up being in contact with people no matter how far out of my way I go to avoid them so I haven't been able to go outside pretty much at all

I guess you would have to workout before she gets up or after she goes to sleep. That's what I do with my nephews. Or I just workout and they play. I get the outside part, that's why I walk in place or get on the treadmill. I am lucky to live in a rural area where I can usually get at least a little outside time on my property.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I’ll be your buddy. Friend me.