Easy Breakfast after gym??

Options
Hey guys I have a question. I have started getting up super early (NOT a morning person) but I love getting to the gym by like 7am if I can. However that creates another delima. I eat a banana on the way to the gym but after the gym I am really hungry when I get to work. I dont want something that is a lot of calories, but it needs to be something portable and easy. I just do NOT look foward to my oatmeal packets and they arent staying with me all morning. What do you guys suggest? Maybe something I can prepare the night before and will be an easy grab and go?

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, nuts, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt... to name a few.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Could be anything from a scramble made the night before, some homemade protein bars, hard boiled egg with nuts and fruits
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake and a spoonful of peanut butter (keep the jar at work). That keeps me full for a few hours, and then I have some cottage cheese. But, I'm a snacker, so I like spreading my calories out throughout the day...
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I boil a couple eggs at the beginning of the week for "pack n go" days. To add to that, 100 calorie Chobani bites yogurts are great. Both are high in protein for after your work out. Another of my fabvorites are (2) Morning Star veggie breakfast patties with (1) Van's protein waffle with jam or peanut butter and honey.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    repeating what some people have already mentioned above:
    Hard Boiled Eggs, Avacado, Fruits, greek yoghurt, protein bars, milkshakes, smoothies, nuts/trail mix/peanut butter, muscle milk packs, sandwich to name a few
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This recipe was adapted from Tosca Reno's Clean-Eating Power Protein Bars - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/keep-it-clean-557643. For a photo, visit my Facebook page and scroll down to July 24 -https://www.facebook.com/TeamDontMessWithTheMommaPage
  • zcarpenter91
    zcarpenter91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast that I am able to bring to work is two packages of greek yogurt and one scoop of whey protein. Its 420 calories 46 carbs 2 fats 52 protein 200mg sodium 1 gram fiber. Hope this helps :)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Most days, I manage to put in 2 early breakfasts and a trip to the gym before heading out on the bike at around 7AM to catch the train.

First breakfast (pre-workout) consists of a bowl of oatmeal with fresh blueberries, and a small glass of milk with a scoop of protein powder mixed in (half poured on the oatmeal, other half I drink).

Second breakfast (post-workout) consists of a serving of cottage cheese and a grapefruit.

I have a cup of black coffee with each breakfast too.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I always have a batch of these granola bars made and ready to go. Nutritional info varies depending on what you pick and how large (or small) you cut them but it's a pretty equal balance of carbs, protein and fat and really delicious IMO. I can't take credit for them though - found the recipe on a thread a while ago.

Homemade Granola Bars

264 g creamy peanut butter (1 cup)
    227 mL milk (1 cup, 8fl. oz) (I used almond milk with no problem)
    21 g Honey (1 TBSP)
    1 whole large egg
    160 g whole rolled oats (160 g = 2 cups)
    104 g ground flax seed
    308 g Body Fortress Super Advanced Vanilla Protein (I use a half vanilla and half chocolate)

In small sauce pan, heat milk, peanut butter, egg and honey over medium-low heat and whisk until creamed.

Set aside and let cool for 2-3 mins. (I don't bother with letting it cool)

In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flax seed and protein powder until well mixed. Slowly stir in PB mixture until a thick paste forms adding water as needed (add water 1 tbsp at a time so the paste doesn't get too mushy) so the paste isn't so thick that you can't spread it in the pan. Line 9x13 glass baking dish with parchment paper, and pour paste into dish spreading evenly.

Bake for 12-13 minutes @ 325. Wait until completely cooled to cut. I then store in the fridge and grab and go!

**One more note: I've never had to add water to this.