Paris in the Summer!!

Options
zkpayan
zkpayan Posts: 10 Member
I haven't had a community to rally around yet and I think that is so important! I have 30 lbs to loose by July. It's my 5th wedding anniversary and we are trying to go to Paris. If I could have some support of others who have a specific goal in mind I know it could help me out ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Setting a time frame for weight loss is never a good idea. It can lead to feelings of failure if the goal is not met or if life doesnt go perfectly from now until july. It can lead people to become discouraged and quit because the goal they gave themselves isnt working so they must be doing something wrong.

It can also lead to unhealthy behaviors such as low calorie goals and extreme deficits, which just start a slope of health problems.

How about just making your goal to be someone who gave it everything they could by july and be proud of the person you end up being by then? Even if you dont lose a single pound, be someone you can be proud to say you tried.

Happy anniversary I hope covid wont stop you from traveling
  • zkpayan
    zkpayan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Setting a time frame for weight loss is never a good idea. It can lead to feelings of failure if the goal is not met or if life doesnt go perfectly from now until july. It can lead people to become discouraged and quit because the goal they gave themselves isnt working so they must be doing something wrong.

It can also lead to unhealthy behaviors such as low calorie goals and extreme deficits, which just start a slope of health problems.

How about just making your goal to be someone who gave it everything they could by july and be proud of the person you end up being by then? Even if you dont lose a single pound, be someone you can be proud to say you tried.

Happy anniversary I hope covid wont stop you from traveling

I totally understand what you are saying but I'm the type of person where if I don't set a goal I know I will just be spinning my wheels. For me personally, having a time frame or a specific objective to be working towards is more helpful. I know I might not make it to 30 lbs weight loss in 3 months, but that's okay with me. If you shoot for the moon, you just might land among the stars ๐ŸŒŸ
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    As long as you can handle the results that's fine, but a lot of people often cant.
  • lycyprien
    lycyprien Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I think your goal sounds achievable! I love how positive you are! You can definitely land among the stars! You're gonna have to work hard for it, but you can totally do it! I've always heard that our goals should be S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measureable, attainable, realistic, and timely). So, I don't see the harm in setting a date or goal weight. To agree with Kriss, (in ther event that you don't reach your goal), I think that you should also appreciate/ celebrate your progress! You've got this! Ready. Set. Sweat.๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ

My goal is to lose 10lbs this month (by May 6th). I just started yesterday. I think that's a realistic goal for myself. I strangely lose weight equally as fast as I gain it. I'm trying to ease my way into fitness. Changing what and how much I eat isn't difficult because I love food lol. Exercising, however, is its own challenge lol. I've been doing HIIT videos on YouTube, and I love that they're short and effective.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to be down at least 15 lbs by June- it takes me a long time to drop weight.

Happy anniversary !! Really hoping covid doesn't prevent your trip <3
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the negative Nelly but that was the first thing that came to my mind. I hope Covid19 doesn't ruin your travel plans. I booked (last year) a trip to Spain scheduled for July and I am going to cancel it because of Covid19.

Good luck to you and your weight loss goals. Happy Anniversary!!! <3