Unaware ness where it come from ?

Options
saynow111
saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
I am in third Time to lose weight to lose 30 kg or more ...

I enter state of unconsciousness so I regain my weight again

This the third time I gain weight

I losing it I lost 12 kg so far

My question is where this unconsciousness come from ?

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If you do gain weight by overeating you know you are overeating and you know you are gaining weight there is nothing unconscious about it. You are just ignoring the facts and going ahead and overeating anyway.

The whole point of MFP is that logging, checking in, reading the forums, getting friends and taking on board all the great advice here helps to keep you mindful about your eating habits. Which helps you to rein it back in if it starts getting out of hand.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @saynow111 So much of this stuff is mental. Deep grooves in the brain, neural pathways don't like change. In a nutshell and not the whole bushel, after all of the dieting is done the brain starts believing it's fixed. Everything is fixed. Rebound weight gain with friends will never show up on our doorstep again. We fall right back into our old eating patterns and may start eating on automatic pilot by remote control. Weight starts stacking back on like a freight train or it may come on slowly.

We can learn to moderate ourselves with food. It will require focus, focus, focus for at least two years or more. You can do your own research for percentage stats, how many are still maintaining a large weight loss at the two year mark. Falling right back into our old ways. Doing what we've always done will get us what we've always gotten.
    Rebound weight gain with friends. Stay alert. Keep your head engaged in every step of the process.
  • sharpiejas
    sharpiejas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Definitely laziness and excuses for me. This is my fourth bout of losing weight in the last 10 years. Not sure how I managed to to reach 15st 3 but here we go again.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    In my life I call it a blind spot. It is basically denial. I do not want to face the outcome of my decisions so I try to avoid looking directly at the problem. For you it might be a blind spot because you lost weight in a way that is not sustainable or modifiable for maintenance. Perhaps you were too strict with yourself or denied yourself treats so when the weight loss ended you returned to a happier style of eating management. I do not know that to be the case but "all or nothing" is a common problem and one I have had to get over myself.

It is also a blind spot, for me, because many of the characteristics I applied to other areas of my life I did not apply to my efforts to lose weight. I can be an incredibly patient person but I was never patient trying to lose weight until recently.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    The food is so good I just lose my mind. I have been reading me some notes I put in my phone as weird as that sounds to remind me and I read them before I eat or get weak like You can't have it both ways, you want to fit in your clothes, you will be sorry later!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    I think stop finding excuses get off your butt and stay strong, focus on recording your food to stay on track there is no quick fix it has to be a life changing one, there see ups and downs days you give in but days you get back to it, its life roll with it.