Calories Burned Seal Coating a Driveway?

Options
Does anyone know how many calories are burned seal coating a driveway? Carrying the buckets, stirring contents, and brushing in by hand? Took four hours and I'd like to know how many calories I burned! Driveway looks nice, though.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    That depends on a lot of factors.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    I usually just log that sort of thing as slow-to-moderate walking, since there's a lot of walking, and take the extra calories as a one-time weight-management bonus . . . unless super hungry after, in which case I'd probably just eat a little more.

I'm not usually a "take extra exercise calories as a weight loss bonus" advocate (the reverse, actually), but something like this is really hard to estimate accurately, and tends to be a once-in-a-rare-interval kind of thing, so getting it exact is not as important, IMO. It does kind of mess with the data quality, but probably not in an arithmetically major way in the big (multi-month) picture.

Personally, I'd probably also use a HRM or fitness tracker for that sort of activity, and look at the device's estimate as an input into deciding what to log. (I wouldn't take that estimate as gospel either, because these things only provide estimates anyway, and that's not really the kind of activity they're best at estimating; but it's an input to consider.) I suspect if you had one/wore one, you wouldn't be asking, though. ;)

It's also possible that this is slapdash advice, since I've been doing this for 4+ years, and have gotten a little philosophical in maintenance about how much effort to invest in estimating calories for rare activities. :lol:

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put much thought into it. Just eat reasonable.