Eye Of The Tiger

Options
Moni0031
Moni0031 Posts: 46 Member
Hi everyone my name is Monica !!

I am from Texas and I have started on this new journey like a month ago .. I have always been healthy but about a year ago I had some brain surgery .. 80% of a tumor was removed .. Ever since then it’s like my weight went up .. I am small framed but I do have more fat then muscle ... I want to gain muscle and lose belly fat .. I know that’s prob most of everyone’s dream to do .. it’s been so hard when my husband cooks so amazing .. When I cook I always cook with no salt and it’s boring foods.. so I enjoy eating rich foods. I just want to get slim like when u was 20 lol I am almost 39 and it’s scary to say but I hear once people hit 40 that’s it.. I say that’s false so can I get some motivation in this app!! Let’s get through this together!!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    Moni0031 wrote: »
    Hi everyone my name is Monica !!

I am from Texas and I have started on this new journey like a month ago .. I have always been healthy but about a year ago I had some brain surgery .. 80% of a tumor was removed .. Ever since then it’s like my weight went up .. I am small framed but I do have more fat then muscle ... I want to gain muscle and lose belly fat .. I know that’s prob most of everyone’s dream to do .. it’s been so hard when my husband cooks so amazing .. When I cook I always cook with no salt and it’s boring foods.. so I enjoy eating rich foods. I just want to get slim like when u was 20 lol I am almost 39 and it’s scary to say but I hear once people hit 40 that’s it.. I say that’s false so can I get some motivation in this app!! Let’s get through this together!!

There are ways to make non-boring foods, even without salt. Consider experimenting with spices and herbs, especially fresh herbs, roasting veggies for enhanced flavor (maybe add a little of a good vinegar or some lemon/lime juice for extra zip), and that sort of thing.

RIch foods are good, but so are lots of not-as-rich ones . . . if rich means "higher in fats", as many people think of "rich". Don't get me wrong, we need to eat fats, especially the mono-/polyunsaturated ones**, for good nutrition and health, but there's no need to overload them in everything, when there are so many ways to get delicious flavor. (** Like from nuts, nut butters, olive oil, avocados, etc. Omega-3s from fattier cold-water fish are also good.)

Mostly, I replied to laugh at that "once people hit 40, that's it" idea. You're right, that is indeed false . . . since I found it pretty straightforward to lose around 50 pounds using MFP back in 2015, at age 59-60, and stay at a healthy weight since (now 64). Moreover, I had gone from sedentary to a competing athlete starting in my mid-40s, and remain quite active now.

You're being really smart - doing a super good thing for your long-future self - by figuring out how to reach a healthy weight, get fitter, and stay there permanently, at your young age!

Best wishes!