Struggling to eat enough!!!

Options
I have only been doing this for 3 days. However I really am struggling to actually eat enough!!! Yesterday (after excersise) I was over 300 calories short of my goal and I had beer, choccie bar and crisps!!!!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing this for 3 days. However I really am struggling to actually eat enough!!! Yesterday (after excersise) I was over 300 calories short of my goal and I had beer, choccie bar and crisps!!!!

so, not what I would suggest to fill out your day. My recommendation is to plan your day in advance, and take into account any exercise you are doing. That way you don't have to scramble at the end of the day. I'm not saying you must know exactly how many calories you will burn exercising, but just try to put in a decent estimate, that should get you to within 100 or so calories of actual.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree. Cut out the fattening stuff and try to plan for larger meals. Bigger breakfasts and lunches with a couple of healthy snacks in between. Good luck to you!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk would be a better choice if you're lacking in calories. I would suggest planning your day's food in the morning. I don't eat anything until I've planned the whole day. That way, I don't go over or under on my calories.
  • wendywasj
    wendywasj Posts: 16
    Options
    I found that switching to whole wheat & whole grain everything added quite a few calories to my diet. And fruits are always a better choice than a preservative laden choccie bar (if you want chocolate, try savoring 4 squares of a dark chocolate Hershey bar) and a small handful of almonds (salt free of course) can replace the crisps and still leave your crunchy craving satisfied. I don't have a suggestion for replacing the beer other than water is your best beverage choice :) The healthy calories really are all around you. Good luck finding them :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!